Dance Like No One Is Watching

Friday, October 14, 2011

TGIF!!

I have been wishing it would be Friday already since Monday morning! A lot of that has to do with the fact that I'm working on the cabinet project for my laundry room, and I want it done already! But there's only so many hours in a day and most of mine are spent at work instead of what I want to be doing. Correction: What I NEED to be doing! I'll share the cabinet project with you once I'm done so you can see why I desperately needed storage in there!

Today however, I have a sweet, vintage card to share with you that was actually inspired by my laundry room project! My house was originally built in 1890 and I have been trying to decorate it with vintage thing and subtle colors. My laundry room has a soft blue/green color on the walls and the cabinets will be cream with a distressed finish. So that was my inspiration for this card!

First off, I used some old K&Company paper for the base. I distressed the edges and sponged with this a few Distress Inks. Then I machine stitched it to some kraft cardstock. Next, I added the vertical panel and distressed, sponged and stitched that to some white cardstock. Then I used my trusty decorative scissors for the edges of the white cardstock. I think this scalloped edge softens the look of any straight edge.

This week's Case Study Challenge #61 was to use fabric on your card, so, using StazOn ink, I stamped my favorite TSG sentiment from the Dance mini set onto some scrap linen fabric. Then I stitched it to some kraft cardstock and matted that to a couple of layers of cream cardstock. If you haven't guessed already, I used this week's Deconstructed Sketch #23 for my layout, and I went with lace for the three scalloped elements. (Fabulous sketch, by the way! I'm going to have to add this one to my go-to file!)

I tried my hand at one of those gorgeous paper flowers I see all over blog land, and this one turned out pretty good, I think! I used a page from an old book I got an an auction a while back and PTI's Beautiful Blooms II set to create it. Each layer was sponged with Antique Linen Distress Ink and threaded together with some thread. A brown button for the center completed the look! The leaves are also from the Dance stamp set and I used Vintage Photo Distress Ink on kraft cardstock to create them.

This card came together pretty quickly, considering how much work each element was to create. I had the idea pretty much all planned out in my head by the time I got home from work yesterday, so that made it a lot easier to execute. Why can't this happen every time I make a card?! I'd love it if it would! :)

Got any plans for the weekend?? I've got some cabinets to make, paint and hang! :)


Supplies
Stamps: There She Goes 'Dance'
Inks: Staz On 'Timber Brown', Distress Inks 'Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Frayed Burlap'
Papers: Georgia Pacific, PTI Kraft and Cream Cardstock, PP - K&Company
Access: PTI Beautiful Blooms II. Martha Stewart Edge Punch, Fiskars Decorative Scissors, PTI Buttons - Cream, PTI Rustic Button Twine - Cream, DMC Thread - Cream, Linen Fabric - Joanns, Machine Stitching, Sponges, Dimensionals

10 Comments:

Jennifer Shults said...

This is gorgeous Sandra! I love love love the vintage papers you used and I am going to have to get those flower dies because oh my word that is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us for the sketch this week!

Teresa Kline said...

this is stunning, I luv the vintage look and feel....thank for playing along with us at CASE Study...hope you have a great weekend!

enjoy *~*

Theresa said...

Totally wonderful. I love the fabric in the card. Your flower is gorgeous. Simply fabulous my friend.

Aleksandra said...

Beautiful card! Love the vintage colors, and as I said a few times before, love love love the stamping on the fabric! You did wonderful job with the flower... have to try it once myself.

Have a great day,
Aleksandra

Aleksandra said...

Beautiful card! Love the vintage colors, and as I said a few times before, love love love the stamping on the fabric! You did wonderful job with the flower... have to try it once myself.

Have a great day,
Aleksandra

schleifhexe said...

This card is right perfect!!!
Love really everything!
Hugs, Katja

Linda Carson said...

Love the elegance of this beauty! Picture perfect artwork!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Simply stunning, my friend! So rich in textures, just how I like it :) I missed your creations, so glad you're back in the saddle! :)

Jean Martin said...

Oh my goodness this is beautiful!!! Everything is perfect!!! Thanks for sharing it with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

Irene said...

Just WONDERFUL!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails