Farm Fresh Friday

Friday, October 2, 2009

TGIF!! Woohooo!

Did you all enjoy TGF blog hop yesterday!?! I loved all the creativity I saw! Feeling inspired to make some more 3D things...I had fun with that painters bucket!

This is my first official Farm Fresh Friday card since being a part of the Fall team and talk about a doozer of a challenge! Our fabulous farmer and my friend, Kadie, and her challenge for us is...'all about a boy'! Arrgh! A boy card?! Remind me to thank you later Miss Kadie! LOL

I've had Skater Ian in my collection since he was released (way back when) but I ashamed to say I hadn't inked him up until now! Shocking isn't it? I don't know what took me so long because he was pure FUN to color up! I love this bad boy image!!

I also LOVE this layout, but alas, the idea was not mine. I was a little fried this week from all the cards I've been making that I drew a blank on what to do for this challenge, until I remembered this card that my idol, Leigh O'Brien created. I decided the best thing for a fried brain was to case a favorite card of mine to inspire me again.

Now, if you want to play along with us on this FFF challenge, head over to TGF blog for all the details and get out all your manly embellishments!! LOL

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I have another post later on this morning, so stay tuned!

Supplies
Stamps:
The Greeting Farm
'Skater Ian' and 'Fly Away'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Creamy Caramel, Buckaroo Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Ruby Red, Cool Caribbean, Distress Inks 'Frayed Burlap, Walnut Stain and Black Soot'
Papers: Strathmore Bristol Vellum, Bazzil Basics, PP - My Mind's Eye 'Wild Asparagus Collection - My Grandpa'' and Reminisce
'Cloud Puff', Grass hill paper - unknown
Access: Foof-fa-la Buttons - Savannah Collection, Twine, Dimensionals, Machine Stitching

13 Comments:

Jessica Diedrich said...

Haha Kadie definitely knew how to CHALLENGE us huh? I'm so glad she did though, because this is SO cute! Great coloring and background-it's fantastic, Sandra!

Dina said...

He is so cool, I just love him!!! The layout is awesome and it is a wonderful case! Love how you got the green hills! Your coloring is spot on!

kadie said...

LOL! Well, it looks like you had no trouble with this challenge at all...this card is awesome, dude! I love love love the little scene and that papers you chose for the green hills and cloudy sky are perfection! Love this card and the sentiment!

Jenn said...

Wow Sandra, this is fabulous! I just love the scene you created! :)

daisy said...

what a wonderfull boy card! wauw so jelouse!

hugs
daisy

WickedPixie said...

Sandra, this is a fabulous boy card!! Love Skater Ian!! :-)Traci

Pegg S said...

This is adorable !! You make the most funtastic cards :)

Sparkplug17 said...

I love your background! Such a darling card.

Lynda Nielsen said...

Wow, you really knocked this challenge right out of the park... What a fab card! And Ian is just adorable isn't he?
that background is too too cool!
Hugs
Lynda =)

Danni said...

Awesome!!

Pam Varnell said...

How gorgeous and creative Sandra. Love this and you totally rocked the challenge.

Hugs!!

Heather Schlatter said...

O.K.

First of all I could do without all that BR**N on the card but other than that (excuse me gotta put on my Brown Free Glasses) O.K. that is much better now!!!

I love the scene you created Sandra you are truly an amazingly talented designer and I told Jess this week on the phone that your work always blows me away and we both adore your coloring!!

I love this card!!! ( I have only used Skater Ian once back when I made a card with him on a ramp and I really need to use him more!!!

About once a week all my nieghborhood kids and my kids ask me to stamp them up TGF images so that they can color them and yesterday Skater Ian was a favorite pick for me to stamp up!!!

LOL!!!!

Heather

Mary Giles said...

What a great scene you created and those papers are just sooo perfect!

Related Posts with Thumbnails