Seasons Greetings Part 1

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Good Morning!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your families and filled your bellies with as much turkey and fixings as you could fit in them! I know I did! LOL But I did work some of it off on Sunday because we had some wood delivered to our place and The Man, his parents and I stacked it all nice and neat. Who'd have thought this city girl would be living the country life now?! Hehe Worlds apart I tell ya!

I didn't spend a whole lot of time in the craft room this weekend, but I did manage to squeek out this card to share with you today.


When I saw Torico's snowman card in those soft, muted colors, I couldn't resist creating my own version using those beautiful tones! Using that fabulous Season's Greetings set, I colored it in with my aquapainter brush and Antique Linen, Tea Dye and Vintage Photo Distress Inks. Then I used a combination of SU's Regal Rose, Ruby Red and Cranberry Crisp inks for their scarfs and hats. Then I used a Label's One Nestie from Spellbinders to cut them out and while the die was still on the panel, I sponged around them with more Antique Linen and Tea Dye ink.

The layout is a quilt style one I use from time to time because it's great for using up my left over scraps. Which was perfect since I used papers from vintage Basic Grey and Cosmo Cricket collections (I think they were the Wassail and Wanted collections)! Each piece was sponged with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and machine stitched to some Bazzil Bling cardstock. As a finishing touch, I added some glitter to the snowmen with the help of a Quickie Glue Pen.

There She Goes challenge for this week TSG83 is to create a card for the kidlets. Sadly, I forgot this minor detail while making my card over the weekend, but you still have time! Just create your card and leave a link to it in the Inlinz thingy at the bottom of the TSG challenge post. You could win yourself a gift certificate to the TSG store just by entering! :)

Oh, and if you're wondering why I called this post 'Part 1'; it's because I'll have another Christmas themed card to show you later this week! :)

Thanks so much for popping in today!


Supplies
Stamps:
There She Goes
'Seasons Greetings'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Regal Rose, Ruby Red, Cranberry Crisp, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Distress Inks 'Antique Linen, Tea Dye and Vintage Photo'
Papers: Strathmore Bristol Vellum, Bazzil Basics, Kraft Cardstock, Georgia Pacific Cardstock, PP - Vintage Basic Grey and Cosmo Cricket
Access: May Arts Solid Wrinkled Ribbon - Brown, Spellbinders Labels One Nestibilities, Stampedous Snow Glitter, Machine Stitching, Sponges, Dimensionals

11 Comments:

scrapn_momof2 said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colors.

Torico said...

Sandra...it's GORGEOUS!! Your coloring skill is awesome as always. Of course, I really like your card more than mine! LOL!

Alyssa S said...

Oh my stars! This card is absolutely beautiful - a total work of art!

Susan said...

What a beautiful card Sandra! The colors are fantastic!

Carla Murphy said...

OMGosh such a beautiful card. The colours are what got to me first, so warm. But your layout, the image, the snow.... all gorgeous.

Chris said...

fAbUlOuS Sandra! The colour scheme is so beautiful and very vintage it just looks so perfect with the snow peeps :D. Your colouring is to die for and I love the quilted design with your papers, another perfect match for the image. Glad you had a good thanksgiving and are enjoying the country life by the sounds of it. Hugs, Chris :)

Judy McMullen said...

Gorgeous card, Sandra! Your coloring, as usual, is outstanding and I love all the layers...Wow! Really scrumptious!!!

kadie said...

Hi Girlie! I have to say that I'm absolutely in love with this card!! I tend to gravitate toward snowmen anyway, but the shading and the rustic look to this card are totally WOW. Really stunning. And I can't HELP but be in a Christmasy mood when I look at it...I might even be wishing for a little more snowfall here now! xoxo

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

This is fantabulous! I love the warmer color scheme - we always think cool colors for snow people. This is so pretty!! Thanks for sharing. Have a great day.

*Susan* said...

OH SANDRA, THIS IS GORGEOUS! As always, such a beautifully colored image, with just a perfect touch of sparkle! And the rustic colors & layout you chose lend such a warm and nostalgic feeling! Simply beautiful! :-)

Jessie/knightrone said...

I LOVE this!! I automatically thought of Torico's, so you definitely nailed this!! Gorgeous!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails