Harvest Of Love

Friday, September 30, 2011

Happy Friday Everyone!

I should have known this week was going to be one of those weeks by what I managed to accomplish last weekend....absolutely nothing! I procrastinated on just about everything and this week wasn't much different. I had good intentions of painting the rest of the stairway and making a fall banner and a card or two....but none of that happened. I think I'm coming down with a cold or something. For two weeks now I've been struggling with a congested ear and it's starting to get on my nerves! No other symptoms have presented themselves, just an ear that refuses to pop. A cold, I can deal with, no cold and a stuffed up ear...not so much! Grr!

Since it's still looking a lot like Fall around here (I'm hanging onto my summer as long as I can!), I made this Thanksgiving card to share with you all.


I used the cornucopia from the TSG's Bountiful Blessings set and paired it with some different papers this time around. I'm still all about using up what I have, so I pulled out some of Cosmo Cricket's Circa 1934 paper which worked really well with the yellows and oranges in the image. I can't decide whether I love the character sets or the realistic sets from TSG's - they're both great for coloring up! Even with my medium of choice - watercoloring! The image was colored up with a bunch of SU reinkers. The base was done in Sahara Sand and the blue around the image was Cool Caribbean. Each panel was sponged with some Antique Linen and Tea Dye Distress Ink and machine stitched to some cardstock.

TSG is sponsoring this week's sketch over at Tuesday Morning Sketches, so if you want to win yourself a gift certificate to the TSG webstore, then get cracking and whip a card! My layout is based on this week's sketch.

I promise (ok, I really, really hope) to be a little more organized next week and have a few things to share with you...including another project I worked on for the house!


I hope you have an enjoyable weekend and stay warm my friends!



Supplies

Stamps: There She Goes 'Bountiful Blessings'

Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', SU's Creamy Caramel, Regal Rose, Ruby Red, Old Olive, Sahara Sand, Cool Caribbean, Distress Inks 'Antique Linen and Tea Dye'

Papers: Strathmore Bristol Vellum, Bazzil Basics, PP - Cosmo Cricket 'Circa 1934' and a scrap of MME
Access: PTI Rustic Button Twine and Cream Button, Ribbon, Fiskars Corner Punch, Spellbinders Oval Nestie, Fiskars Decorative Scissors, Machine Stitching, Sponges, Dimensionals

11 Comments:

KimCreate said...

Gorgeous!!!! Now I can look forward to Fridays again so I can see your cards!
Kim

Did I tell you how much I loved how you refinished that lovely table? From a week or 2 ago. Just Fab!

Juls said...

so stylish! Hugs Juls

Tanya said...

This is gorgeous! So classy and elegant!

Judy McMullen said...

Oh, Sandra, I'm so very glad to see you posting your creations again! This card is so beautiful. I love the rich vibrant colors of your cornucopia!! It just jumps off the page! And you always pair your images with such terrific papers and perfect embellishments. Love it!

Hope you get over this cold soon. Just talked to my sis in WA and she and her DH have colds too. The crud seems to be hitting the northern tier states. Hope it stays away from AZ.

Crafty Math Chick said...

GORGEOUS coloring! Look at your use of light! MAN you can color!

Lorie said...

Just STUNNING, Sandra! This needs to be framed!!!!!! GORGEOUS!

Michele Kovack said...

This is a gorgeous card! Your coloring is absolutely beautiful!

Jackie Randolph said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Your coloring of this sweet image is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Jessica G. said...

Beautiful card-- your coloring is amazing and that bow is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at TMS and hope to see you again next week!!

Melissa Craig said...

Sandra - your card is absolutely stunning! I love how you color! I hope you don't get sick. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Dawn said...

Wow! Stunning card Sandra! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Related Posts with Thumbnails