You Go Girl....Card Kit!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I think I'm going to unofficially name these card kit posts to 'Random Card Wednesday' because every time my two girlfriends and I do a card kit together, we inevitably post our creations on a Wednesday! It's happened more times than not, so I dub thee....Random Card Wednesday! :)

This month's kit was lovingly put together by my dear friend Kadie. She obviously knew I needed a few cheers sent my way, because the stamped image she sent along is from MFT's A La Mode - All Star set!

I have been on a shopping hiatus ever since The Man restarted his career, so I have been avoiding window shopping in any of the stamp stores online. But I have seen these cuties all over blog land (darn you Blogger!) and I was soooo excited to play with one of them!

For this layout I used last week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #138 because Kadie sent along lots and lots of papers in her kit and I couldn't decide which ones to use! :) That ribbon was also from her kit and I created a little bit more thickness to it by using a edge punch and a little piece of scrap paper. Miss All Star herself was colored with my SU reinkers in Creamy Caramel for her face, Ruby Red for her pants and Not Quite Navy for her blue stripes. The sentiment was from Kraftin Kimmies Everyday Sentiments set.

Now, if you really want to see some FABULOUS cards, pop on over to my other sweet friend Mary as well as Kadie's blogs to see what they did with their kits! I know it's going to knock your socks off!


Thanks so much for popping in today!




Supplies
Stamps:
MFT's
'A La Mode - All Star', Kraftin Kimmie Stamps 'Everyday Sentiments'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Creamy Caramel, Ruby Red, Not Quite Navy, Dusty Durango, Distress Inks 'Antique Linen and Black Soot'
Papers: Bazzil Basics, PTI Kraft Cardstock, PP - Ask Kadie!
Access: Ribbon, EK Success Edge Punch, Adhesive Rhinestones, Machine Stitching, Sponges, Dimensionals

4 Comments:

Tracey said...

This card is amazing Sandra!!! I love it!!

Mary Giles said...

Sandra this is FABULOUS! You did a great job with kit Kadie sent and paired it with the perfect sketch. Of course your coloring is just awesome! I can't wait for our next kit. This was so much fun.

Jacilynn said...

wow Sandra! this is so very cute! love all the stitching.
hope you are well!
cheers

kadie said...

Hey, Girlie! As always you bring such a fun and creative take to the kit that was sent; this is ADORABLE!! I love that you couldn't decide which papers to use, so you just found a sketch that allowed you to use them all. That's awesome! heehee. And you've rocked the coloring once again!! Oh, love how you did the sentiment too.
I love when we get to play together, albeit bi-coastal-ly!! xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails