From Our House To Yours

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Good Morning!

I hope you all enjoyed your weekend. We had a great one - the little ray of sunshine had a sleepover at a friend's house and The Man and I went to a work function for his job. It was very entertaining to say the least! Some people just can't hold their liquor! (Just in case you're wondering, it was not me! I hold mine very well! lol
Today's card was inspired by this month's Sketch For You To Try. It has a circle element in it and I couldn't resist using the Holly Jolly set and die from There She Goes again!

Remember how my stamps didn't turn up for the previews and release of November's stamp release? Well, I'm now getting my fix with these sets and dies! So you might see a few more 'wintery' cards from me in the weeks to come. Maybe that will encourage the snow to fall around here!

To make this card, I stamped one of the snowflakes and a sentiment onto Kraft using Versamark ink. Then I sprinkled white embossing powder on it and heat set it. Next, I stamped out the solid house image from the set, added embossing powder, heat set that, then cut it out with my precision scissors. Then I cut out the snowball snowflake with the Holly Jolly die - that comes with the set (I never tire of saying that!). Then I adhered them to each other with a dimensional.
To make the base, I used some left over paper from Basic Grey's old Eskimo Kisses collection. First, I cut out the vertical shape with PTI's Half and Half die and matted it to some Scarlet Jewel cardstock by PTI. Then I cut the base and the smaller rectangle and matted them with the same cardstock. The scalloped strip across the middle was made with some decorative scissors and machine stitched to some scrap green cardstock. Next, I adhered all the layers together and added the rustic button twine for some added detail. Last, but not least, I added some American Crafts Candy Dots in white glitter to the bottom of the card just to balance it out!

Have you checked out this week's There She Goes challenge? It's a paper piecing one! I chickened out this week, but you shouldn't!

Thanks so much for stopping in today!

Supplies
Stamps:
There She Goes
'Holly Jolly'
Inks: Versamark
Papers:
PTI Kraft Cardstock, PTI Perfect Match Sampler - Scarlet Jewel, PP - Basic Grey 'Eskimo Kisses' Collection
Access: TSG HollyJolly Die,
PTI Half and Half Die, American Crafts Candy Dots, PTI Rustic Button Twine, Machine Stitching, Dimensionals

1 Comments:

Amy Sheffer said...

Gorgeous, Sandra! Awesome details .. the popped up house, the bracket bottom on that house paper. Love this! Thanks for joining us at SFYTT!

Related Posts with Thumbnails