Jingle All The Way!

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I'm back!

Did ya miss me at all?? I'm sorry for being absent so long! Work sent me away to help a sister company of ours on a special project. No one really knew how long I was going to be needed, so we were just taking it one day at a time, but they ended up needing me for two weeks!! It was great experience but the only down side was that I had to travel to Boston every other day! From little 'ol Keene, that's 2hrs each way! The overtime was great but I was stupid exhausted and staying up until the wee hours in my craft room was the last thing I felt like doing! I just wanted to crawl into my bed and sleep each night! Thankfully that project is over and I can get back to what I love doing - coloring and crafting! :)

I spent last weekend building a tufted headboard, so because I was not in my craft room, I thought I'd share a card I made during my time as a Dirty Dozen girl earlier this year!


I made this one for May's theme of  a 'Box of Chocolates' (If  you're a Splitcoast member, you'll be able to see this gallery). Good thing I had this stamp on hand, because this little guy's hot cocoa was the only stamp I had that was even remotely close to the chocolate theme! And since it's almost Christmas, I thought it was the perfect card to share with you all! 

The stamp is called "Henry Mouse with Large Tea Cup" and it's by Whiff of Joy. I believe my sweet friend Mary gave this one to me! He's a cutie, isn't he?? Love those big, billowing ears of his! To make this card I used some old papers from MME's Jovial collection, Bazzil Basics cardstock in Bitter Chocolate (which is my go-to color.....dark brown is the new black in this craft room!), and some PTI kraft cardstock. The image was colored up with my SU reinkers (Creamy Caramel for the mug, Close To Cocoa for Henry, Ruby Red for the stool and Sahara Sand for the ground shadows. Then I sponged the edges of the image (cut with a Spellbinders Labels One nestie) with Antique Linen and Tea Dye. Each of the patterned paper panels were sponged with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and machine stitched to Bitter Chocolate Bazzil Basics cardstock. Then I added some sparkle with some glitter ribbon and a button. The sentiment is from the There She Goes No Peeking and Holly Jolly sets.

Speaking of There She Goes, it's the week before the new releases, so that means it's the There She Goes (Again!) week over at the TSG's blog! We're showcasing three lovely sets all week long and on Friday, the girls and I will be sharing a new card we've all created using one of the sets! So pop on over there and check out the holiday cheer! (Totally meant that to rhyme! lol)

See you all Friday!
Hugs!

1 Comments:

KimCreate said...

Adorable card! I missed you, my New England friend! What you do with reinkers for coloring is just gorgeous and I love to see your cards!

Related Posts with Thumbnails