I found my buttons!

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Hump Day! It's a cold one around here!

My buttons weren't lost; I just 'rediscovered them, that's all! I bought a bag of Christmas colored buttons from my LSS a few years ago and they've been sitting in my amoire for a year now. About time I used them don't you think?


I found this stamp at Rubbernecker hidden in the 'Fantasy' section of Stamp Oasis. It's really cute, but the little boy and girl elf are very small and with that much detail on them, it makes them really hard to color. Still, I had fun. :D


I'm not happy with how the glitter around the edges turned out. Initially, I painted some glue on with my finger around the edges and then added the glitter, but then I decided that I wanted the raised look, so before I let the first application dry, I added a blob of glue around the edge of the image and without tampering with it, then added even more glitter. Next time, I'll just leave well enough alone! LOL


Hope Wednesday treats you well!



Supplies:
Stamps: Rubbernecker 'Raindeer's Flight', MFT 'Essential Sentiments'
Inks: Staz On 'Timber Brown', Creamy Caramel, Close To Cocoa, Pretty in Pink, Real Red, Certain Celery, True Thyme, Soft Sky, Buckaroo Blue
Paper: Georgia Pacific cs, Bazzil cs, PP - Basic Grey 'Figgy Pudding +

Access: Ribbon, buttons, glitter, dimensionals

7 Comments:

karen said...

Very cute image!
Love what you did with it!

You? Have trouble coloring something? Say it aint so!

Lorie said...

This is an adorable image, and you did a fantastic job coloring it! I can't imagine how hard that was since they are so tiny, but you nailed it. I love the glue/glitter around the edge. It looks like a frosty window pane. So pretty!

Mary Giles said...

Hahaha...I looked at the blow up of the picture before reading the rest of the post and I thought to myself I love the glitter around the edges. I wonder how she did it and what she used. I think it looks fabulous!

Catherine said...

Love the heart rainbow rows! Gigantor is looking adorable!

Catherine said...

your card is absolutely stunning :)

Jami said...

Wow, this is fabulous!! That layered ribbon is so yummy, and these colors are fantastic!! Beautiful!!!
hugs, jami

Vicki G said...

This is a beautiful card and a sweet sweet image.

Vicki

Related Posts with Thumbnails