An entire new year ahead of us!

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year to you!!

I just love new years day don't you?! I love the fresh beginnings; the anticipation of what lies ahead. It's a clean slate to make new goals and set out to achieve them.
Do you have any resolutions or goals you want to achieve this year? I want to follow through better on things I've put my hand up for. I also want to be better about calling my friends. I have an aversion to using the phone...I can't explain it, but I have never been one to chat on the phone a lot. But I want to be better about that. Other than that, I wouldn't mind another little MacLean around the house! ;) That would be nice.

Since I'm married, and Edward is taken *sigh*, I created an imaginary boy toy today. Meet Ian. Isn't he dreamy?? I adored him from the moment I laid eyes on him. He's the male version of Anya over at The Greeting Farm (formally known as Pink Poison). I kept him simple (since that seems to be working for me this week!) and added the twine and button I recycled from a Pier One candle I received at Christmas. Love finds like that!

Enjoy your New Years Day whatever it is that you're doing. Hubby and I are going on a date tonight! :D

Supplies:
Stamps: The Greeting Farm 'Hello Ian', MFT 'Essential Sentiments'
Inks: Staz On 'Jet Black', Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, True Thyme, Morning Marigold, Vintage Violet, Distress Inks 'Black Soot'
Paper: Canson watercolor, Bazzil cs, PP - Basic Grey 'Boxer Collection - Cargo'
Access: Recycled twine and button, dimensionals

7 Comments:

Kimmie said...

Happy New Years to you. Beautiful card - he's darling. If you're talking Twilight - I'll take Jacob over Edward any day :)

Danni said...

Happy New Year! Love your card, so cute!

Tracey said...

Fantastic card! As for Twilight - I a Team Edward fan myself!!!

Happy New Year to you!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR MY FRIEND!!! Saw this on TGF blog and I LOVE IT! This is SO cute...the coloring you did on his hat is AMAZING!

I was SO impressed to see that the button and twine came from Pier 1...I was admiring it and wondering where I could get one LOL! I do that too, with ribbon. GREAT find!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Sandra! Missed you lately on the Sisterhood thread! Love your latest creation.
Wow! Your Ian is beautiful!
Hope you and DH had a terrific date!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Ohhh!! He's so beautifully colored!! WOW!!
Happy New Year!!

kadie said...

shame on you for creating such an adorable card!! I had to go buy the stamp...little enabler you! hugs

Related Posts with Thumbnails