Hanna Stamps! Sneak Peek: Day One

Monday, January 5, 2009

Good Morning Everyone!

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend! I'm back at work today after 11 glorious days off so I'm feeling a little unmotivated to be here! Ha ha


However, I AM excited that it's party time at Hanna Stamps! this week and the team has lots of sneak peeks to show you! Today I am showing you two cards I've created from the new 'I Love My Garden' set.

There are 8 individual stamps in this set and I've used 4 of them on this card. I had so much fun with this set! I love how Hanna is laying down instead of standing and the three little itty bitty flower pots that you can use as props or in a row along a wall.....hey! there's another idea....I HAVE to create that one now! Anyways, I first stamped the two front flower pots then masked them off with post it notes. Then I stamped Hanna over them. Then I masked out Hanna's leg and stamped the third flower pot behind her. I opted out of masking off Hanna and the flower pots and sponging in the ground, so I just watercolored the ground in with lots of ink and water on my aquapainter. Once that was dry, I went back over it with my aquapainter and dabbed on the specks of 'dirt'. The upper background was watercolored then sponged around the edges for a more intense look.

The second card I have to show you uses just one stamp from the set. This just might be my favorite stamp from the set! I stamped the middle sunflower out in it's entirety and the 'cropped' the two outer ones at the base with the help from a post it note (a MUST HAVE tool!) Then I used a Micron pen to duplicate the ground line at the base of those flowers. Micron pens are waterproof so they're perfect for adding in other detail. I then watercolored the flowers and added a bit of Soft Sky in the background to give the flowers a bit more pop. The sentiment is by A Muse Artstamps. There is a sentiment in the new set, but I chose not to use it on these cards.

So that's it for my sneak peeks today! There are 3 full sets, 1 half set and 2 Rileys being released this month so blog hop over to the other girls on the design team (you can find the list is on the left) and check out all their fabulous sneak peeks! Or, if you like, you can pop on over to this SCS thread where the the release party will be (on Thursday Jan 8th at 9pm EST) and where the DT girls will be letting you in on the sneak peeks they've uploaded.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! I'll see you all tomorrow with some new Rileys!


Supplies:
Card 1
Stamps: Hanna Stamps! 'I Love My Garden', sentiment by A Muse Artstamps 8-8324B
Inks: Staz On 'Jet Black', Pretty in Pink, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, True Thyme, Certain Celery, Distress Inks 'Vintage Photo'
Paper: Canson watercolor, Bazzil cs, PP - Basic Grey 'Sultry Collection - Stylish & Peony'
Access: Ribbon, buttons, dimensionals, MS edge punch, paper piercer, Zig pen, Fiskars circle cutter, Post It notes, sponges

Card 2
Stamps: Hanna Stamps! 'I Love My Garden', sentiment by A Muse Artstamps 9-8261B
Inks: Staz On 'Jet Black', Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, True Thyme, Certain Celery, Morning Marigold, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Sky
Paper: Canson watercolor, Bazzil cs
Access: Ribbon, dimensionals

9 Comments:

Rachel said...

What a beautiful card! Hanna looks so relaxed:)

Kerry D-C said...

gorgeous cards!!! super pretty!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Wow! These are GORGEOUS! Make me long for summer!!! I really love the coloring you did on both cards and the pretty DP. So cute!

Anonymous said...

how wonderful! Glad to know it's time to think about spring...

Love you're card as usual.

Hugs!

karen said...

How creative with the pots!!
Love this and Hanna looks great!

But about the 2nd card...... (i know. I was warned...)

Faith said...

I absolutely love your blog page! Your cards are AWESOME!!! :) Love you xoxox

Tracey said...

Gorgeous cards!!

janel. said...

I love your cards and I am now a proud owner of one since the shower!! Thank you soooo much for coming and for the crock pot!! We love it!!!
Love,
Janel
& Adam

Vicki G said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Vicki

Related Posts with Thumbnails