Happy Birthday to me!

Thursday, May 28, 2009

I woke up this morning to a little girl beaming a huge smile about one inch from my face. :) "Happy Birthday Mama" she said. *sigh* Love that kind of wake up call.

We're going out to dinner tonight so Syd and Hubby are saving their other gifts until then. Although, hubby did let me buy a couple of my very own NESTIES to go with my cuttlebug that my girlfriends bought me! After reading all the comments left on my blog candy about how much you all love yours, sooo excited to finally have some! But now my wish list just got even longer! hahaha

Sorry to keep you all in suspense on the blog candy winner, but bare with me. I have one card to show you today and in a little while, I'll have the winner posted in a separate post to follow. Promise!

The sketch came from this week's Card Positioning System's CPS117 challenge. I used a Stamping Bella image for this birthday card because it looks a lot like someone I know ;) I colored her with my SU reinkers and added some Stickles to the giant cupcake and a Tiny Twinkle to her bow. The CPS sketch showed another circle layer around the sentiment. I substituted it for this Heidi Swap flower. My new favorite paper has made another appearance on this card. :) I think I'm going to have to buy another one because I'm using it up fast!

As I get older, I think I lose brain cells because I completely forgot that the Hanna Stamps June release party in this coming Monday!! Which means that tomorrow marks the start of the sneak peeks!! Ack!! So check back tomorrow for the card(s) I'll be burning the midnight oil on tonight! LOL I'll also give you all the details about the party then too.

Thanks for stopping by today! I really appreciate it!

Supplies
Stamps: Stamping Bella 'Cakeabella'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Creamy Caramel, Close To Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Passion Pink, Not Quite Navy, Sahara Sand, Cool Caribbean, Pretty In Pink
Papers: Whisper White, Bazzil Basics, PP - K&Company 'Carolyn Gavin Greenhouse Papers'
Access: Ribbon, Heidi Swapp Flowers, Circle Punches, Corner Punch, Stickles, Tiny Twinkles, Dimensionals

20 Comments:

Crystal said...

I LOVE this bella and your card is beautiful, love those colors and your prima!!!

Nilla said...

Lovely card! Hugs Nilla

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday Sandra!!! :) I hope you have a fabulous day! Your card is Gorgeous as always and I am loving that paper...I just might have to get some! :) Have a great day girlie!

Hugs!
Jenn

Junie said...

Happy Birthday HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY !!!

Mary Giles said...

This is a fabulous DP and I got 2 packs when I was at Michael's that wasn't my local one. Mine seems to be lacking. Anyway HAPPY BIRTHDAY chick and love the card.

~amy~ said...

What a super cutie pie card Sandra...I know it is a cake but it looks like a ginormous cupcake to me :) Happy Birthday sista!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elena said...

Happy Birthday, Sandra! Enjoy your day today!
Your card is very beautiful!

Saskia said...

Happy Birthday!!!

I wish you a wonderful day!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

kadie said...

Happy Birthday Again, Dearie!! I LOVE this card...you always do sucha fantastic job!

Danni said...

Happy Birthday!!
Wonderful card, love it!

Andrea said...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday. I love this card - image and papers are gorgeous, and the layout looks fab!

WickedPixie said...

Happy Birthday! Fun, pretty card! Now I have to go track down that paper! :-) Traci

Heather P. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :) Hope you have a totally fabulous day!

Ila said...

Happy Birthday!!..I hope your day is filled with all things Wonderful!!...and ...Your Bella card is Gorgeous!!...Hugs, Ila

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card.. And happy birthday!! :)
X, Ava

Tonje said...

Happy birthday!! Hope it was a good one!

Tab said...

Happy Birthday Sandra! Hope that you are having a fab day and being spoilt rotten! Super delish card, love the colours and image!
Hugs Tab xxx

Tracey said...

A very happy birthday to you Sandra! Love your card!!

MiamiKel said...

Very sweet! Love the bright colors! Happy Birthday again ~ your lil package from me is on it's way, sorry to be so late! Have fun shopping for Nesties to go with your new 'bug!

Catherine said...

Great card, Sandra! Love the mix of DPs!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails