Laughter is Magic

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A happy Twinkling Tuesday to you all!

We have a Temporary Twinkie hosting this week's Twinkling Tuesday Challenge - welcome Nicky! He is Kimmie Doktor's boy and his challenge for us this week is a doozer! He'd love to see cards or projects with the color combo Blue, Orange and Purple. Told ya it was a doozer!

I'll be honest with you, these colors rolled around in my head for days before I attempted a card. I wasn't sure which color to play up more and which patterned paper in my stash was even going to fit this color scheme! But then I pulled the ultra bright 'Que Sera Sera' stack from K&Company out and it all became clear! :)

I chose to play up the orange and blue hues, since they play well together, and add the purple as an accent. The white cardstock for the base and the matting helped tie the three colors together.

I used The Greeting Farm's 'Hope and Grace' stamp set which has just the cutest little girls in it! I love how, just like the Wild Sprouts, they have a different look to them than the Anyas.
Hope's hair is colored with Morning Marigold and Creamy Caramel. I applied the MM first as an overall wash, then when that layer was dry, I went back over it with the MM again but this time I followed some of the strands of her hair to define them more. Then when that layer was dry, I applied Creamy Caramel to the darker areas of her locks (upper scalp).

The layout is from this week's Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge, TECC67.

This week's featured Twinky is none other than Darla Wilson, the woman who got Madelynn's mum, Jess Diedrich, stamping in the first place! :) You can check her card out on her blog or Madelynn's Twinkling blog. If you'd like to play along this week, just upload your card on your blog or SCS, use this week's keyword MTTSC22, and leave a link to it on this post.

Thanks so much for stopping by today, I really appreciate it. :)

Supplies
Stamps: The Greeting Farm's 'Hope and Grace'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Creamy Caramel, Pretty in Pink, Morning Marigold, Buckaroo Blue, Really Rust, Lavender Lace, Cool Caribbean, Sahara Sand, Distress Inks 'Antique Linen'
Papers: Canson Watercolor, Georgia Pacific cs, Bazzil cs, PP - K&Company 'Que Sera Sera' paper stack
Access: Ribbon, Circle Punches, EK Success Corner Punch, Dimensionals

19 Comments:

~amy~ said...

Hey Sandra...sweet card!!

Heather said...

This is so cute! Your coloring is awesome. Great card!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL Sandra! WOW! Love the softer, more distressed versions of those colors and your coloring is fabulous! Love it!!!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Sandra, love the cute image and your beautiful colouring. Hugs Nikki x

Mary Giles said...

Who knew that blue, orange, and purple could look this good together? You really did a fabulous job on this Sandra. I really like the hair detailing that you described.

Janna said...

Dangit Sandra!!!!!! This is the stamp I was going to use for my Twinkling card! But yours of course turned out a million times better than mine ever could! SHoot! Yours is so, so stunning and I love the beautiful colors! they are fabsouls!!! great layout and I love how you cut the paper crooked but she is still vertical! That is amazing!!! I bow to the master!

Smiles,
janna

kadie said...

so so so sweet! I love how you found the perfect paper for this challenge and I agree with Janna, the image straight on but the square tilted is awesome and one of your many trademarks :)

Heather P. said...

You totally rocked these colors!! Absolutely fabulous! :)

Darla said...

Wow...what an awesome card. The coloring is fabulous and the choice of papers and the layout is super too. All around a wonderful card. I can tell you really put some thought into it. Great job on the color challenge!

Jacilynn said...

Soo Cute! Love these images. Great card sandra

Naturliche Body Bliss said...

leave it to you to make orange blue and purple work together!!!!

This is great!

Barbara said...

Adorable card and you have the colors working perfectly together! Very fun!

Christi Flores said...

I am in love with this!! Too cute!!!

Bonnie said...

This is gorgeous Sandra! I am always so in awe of your colouring!! Fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Sandra - you are right: Laughter is Magic and this card is the perfect example of that. As always - amazing!

Faith said...

hey cous :) loving the cards of course!!! and stinkin love you!!

Heather Schlatter said...

Hey Sandra,

Ya it is me finally!!!!

I finally got my post up just now.

I have so missed getting around to my favorite blogs the last couple of weeks but I think I am finally back to normal now and can not wait to catch back up on seeing all the wonderful creations of my favorite creaters!!!

Your coloring and layout is totally wonderful as always!!! Janna and I were just talking about you on the phone today and about how wonderful your coloring abilities are!!!

You are one of the greats when it comes to coloring in my book!!!

I have really missed seeing your creations!!!

Heather

Tracey said...

Love your card! It's fantastic!

Lorie said...

Amazing, as always, Sandra! Your coloring really is breathtaking! Thanks for sharing your talent! It's a bright spot in my day!!!:-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails