FFF: Buttons!

Friday, June 18, 2010

Good Morning Sweet Peeps!

Thank goodness it's Friday! What a week this has been! I had to travel to Connecticut twice this week and Little Miss Sunshine had a dentist appointment that resulted in a huge cavity being filled. I was a little nervous for her but she was a trooper! Oh, and I can't say enough about her dentist - she really knows how to keep the little ones distracted!

Anywho, it is Friday and you know that means I have another Farm Fresh Friday challenge to share with you! It's all about my favorite embellishment (besides ribbon)...BUTTONS! Farmer Kim Nath is challenging us all to create a card or project that uses at least three buttons on it! :)

My brain was pretty fried by the time I made my card so I'm afraid I didn't stretch my creative juices much at all this week. :( I used exactly three buttons and I didn't even use them creatively! Tsk! Tsk!

For this week's card I decided to use Maggie Cleaning digital stamp from The Greeting Farm's Critter Collection. As per usual, I colored up the image with my SU reinkers and aquapainter brush on Strathmore Bristol Vellum. Miss Maggie was colored predominately with SU's Creamy Caramel with just a little bit of Really Rust in the shadows. Her dress was colored in Old Olive and her apron with Antique Linen Distress Ink. As I do with all my Critter images, I added some Glossy Accents to Maggie's eyes (as well as the water in the bucket) to make them shine. The layout is from this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge #73.

If you need some more creative inspiration, please check out what the Farmer's and Critter Crew created for today's challenge:

Jessica Diedrich
Cindy Haffner
Kadie Ensley
Kim Nath
Mary Giles
Melissa Connolly
Mercy Kerin
Randi Wall

and the fabulous Critter Crew...

Amber Hight
Heather Schlatter
Jen Shults
Shaela Odd
Sparkle Smith

Thank you so much for visiting and have a FABULOUS weekend everyone!


Supplies
Stamps:
The Greeting Farm
'Maggie Cleaning' & There She Goes 'What's Up Buttercup?'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Creamy Caramel, Really Rust, Old Olive, Soft Suede, Sahara Sand, Cool Caribbean, Distress Inks 'Antique Linen'
Papers: Georgia Pacific, Bazzil Basics, PP - K&Company 'Greenhouse Collection'
Access: Buttons, Ribbon, Machine Stitching, Rangers Glossy Accents, Dimensionals

11 Comments:

Shaela said...

despite having a fried brain, your card is really cute ;) have a great weekend!

Gabriela said...

Sandra, your card is beautiful! I'm just crazy about your work.

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh PURE SWEETNESS!!

Judy McMullen said...

Darling card, Sandra, and you are always creative!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS Sandra, wow! I agree w/ Gabriela-I am CRAZY about your work as well!

Julie said...

This is so cute

Jessie/knightrone said...

OMgosh, this is just too cute!!

kadie said...

Hey Sweets, happy weekend to you! I'm sorry your week was so full...but apparently being fried when creating a card isn't a bad thing because I totally love this! It's so cute and the papers are well matched and placed! Boootiful! I hope you get some rest this weekend!

Unknown said...

sandra...she is simply precious! amazing job on the fff challenge! :)

Jen Shults said...

Oooh, I hope this up coming week goes better than the last one. Your card is stunning... not a bit of evidence of being a bit crispy around the edges. Your watercoloring... goodness it kills me everytime... so perfect. And these colors are amazing together. Hugs!

Kim said...

This looks pretty creative to me, and gorgeous to boot!

Related Posts with Thumbnails