TSG66: Watercolor Wonder

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Good Morning!

I hope you all had a fabulous weekend. I had a quiet one but that was just fine with me! I did manage to fit in some stamping in amongst the chores. You have to right? Having a hobby is what keeps us sane....and busy! :)

This week's There She Goes challenge is about watercoloring wonder! Get out your aquapainters and brushes out and start coloring! If you know me, you know that's my medium of choice. So I had noooo problem with this challenge! lol


I resisted LONG enough! It was time to ink up those orchids from the beautiful The Journey set! Aren't they beautiful? I just love this new set from illustrator, Chris Dark. She creates such masterpieces!

So as the challenge requests, I broke out my aquapainter brush (hehe!) and colored the orchid with my reinkers. Then I sponged the edges with Antique Linen. The layout is pretty simple, but really, why complicate things?? :)

Would you like to play along and possibly win a gift certificate to the There She Goes store? To be eligible for the giveaway, you are to create a card that incorporates watercoloring, and then come back to the TSG Blog to add your name and a link to your project in the InLinkz that is located at the bottom of this challenge post. This challenge is open until the winner has been announced on the following Monday (August 9th). The winner will get a $5 gift certificate to use in the TSG Web store!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!


Supplies
Stamps:
There She Goes
'The Journey'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Sahara Sand, Old Olive, Pink Passion, Soft Sky, Going Gray, Distress Inks 'Antique Linen'
Papers: Strathmore Bristol Vellum, Bazzil Basics, PP - Basic Grey 'Kioshi Collection'
Access: Ribbon, Button, DMC Thread, Machine Stitching, Sponging, Dimensionals

8 Comments:

Marley said...

Wow really beautiful!! Love how you colored the image with distress inkt. Beautiful design papers too xx Marley

Alizabethy said...

Beautiful colour scheme!

Theresa said...

Sandra, this is beautiful. As always your coloring is just amazing.

Love it!

scrapn_momof2 said...

Beautiful card.

Mary Giles said...

This is beautiful and fabulous paper choices.

Pam Varnell said...

Absolutely adorable Sandra. Your coloring is always breathtaking. Love this sweetie.

kadie said...

Really lovely, Sandra. That ribbon goes so well too--love how you criss-crossed it!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is stunning!! I love it!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails