Wonderful Winter Wishes

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Good Morning!

I hope everyone along the East Coast is doing ok today with all the snow we've been getting. We got slammed last night but at least in the NorthEast we know what to expect and are prepared for it!

Last weekend I made this cute card using my favorite There She Goes set by illustrator Torico. I absolutely adore her unique illustrations!

One of my favorite things to do is to offset the main image on the main panel and stamp the sentiment opposite it, like I did with this card. It creates a nice sense of balance. And it worked really well with this image of the two little girls because it creates a background for them instead of floating in mid air.

White is a really hard color to show and I've found it's best to just show those areas in shadow and highlight the areas around the white. Like the little girl's jacket, I colored the shadows in with SU's Going Gray. Then I colored most of the area (or background) around her with Cool Caribbean, so the white parts of her jacket would really pop. Worked out pretty well, don't you think? I ended up coloring her big sister's jacket in with Regal Rose and Ruby Red so it would contrast nicely. One thing I have been working on lately is remembering to leave some highlights on my images. It's hard when you use reinkers and you don't have a blender pen to remove some of the ink!

One blog I love to visit and get my color fix from, is Tori Wild's blog. She has a fantastic ability to combine the perfect colors and create vibrant, colorful cards. I spied this gorgeous card and had to case it! I changed the patterned paper and went with The Girl's Paperie's Tinsel and Twig collection and a little bit of Basic Grey's old Eskimo Kisses collection, used a different image (obviously!) and changed out the embellishment to something a little simpler. I love how this card turned out!

I hope you're having a fabulous week so far and I thank you very, very much for stopping by today!


Supplies
Stamps: There She Goes 'Wonderful Winter Wishes'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Creamy Caramel, Soft Suede, Going Gray, Regal Rose, Ruby Red, More Mustard, Cool Caribbean, Distress Inks 'Antique Linen, Tea Dye and Vintage Photo'
Papers: Strathmore Bristol Vellum, Bazzil Basics, PP - The Girls Paperie 'Tinsel and Twigs' Collection and Basic Grey's 'Eskimo Kisses' Collection
Access: PTI Rustic Button Twine - Jute, PTI Button - Chocolate, Machine Stitching, Sponges, Dimensionals

3 Comments:

KimCreate said...

Hi Sandra, I'm having my coffee and watching the snow pile up out my window! No work today!
This card is really nice, love it!
You reminded me that I want to play along in this weeks There She Goes Challenge.
Stay warm.
Kim

Shazza said...

this is a fab card, love your coloruing x

Jessie/knightrone said...

GORGEOUS!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails