TSG93: Supply Challenge

Monday, February 7, 2011

Good Morning Everyone!

I hope you all had a lovely weekend! I know I promised last week that I would post a couple of pics of my trip to Buffalo last week and I didn't follow through. I had every intention to, until I found out that my flight home had been canceled! So instead of relaxin in my hotel room writing up a blog post about my experience in a freezer, I was frantically calling around trying to get myself and my collegue on another flight home! Luckily we were able to get a really early flight and got home sooner than we had originally booked for - phew!

Anywho, so that's why I wasn't around much last week, and I apologise for that. But this week, I promise you, will be a little different. Why? Because it's my turn as the featured Trendsetter over at the There She Goes blog! Which means I'm hosting the TSG Challenge today!

And my challenge to you all is to create a card or project that uses the following:


3 patterned papers
2 buttons, and
1 sparkly element!

Here's what I whipped up!

Cute right?! I love these little whimsical houses in the new Day or Night set! As always, I like to borrow a sketch and this one was from Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #103. I then got to work by stamping out one of the houses and the sun from the set. I colored it up with my reinkers and aquapainter brush on Strathmore Britsol Vellum (It's not really vellum! That just describes it's surface texture!) Then I added some sparkle to the roof, dangling heart and the sun with a glitter pen from Sakura. One element down, two to go!

The papers's are from one of my favorite paper company's - Crate Paper. It's from their Restoration collection and its full of eclectic patterns! (Second element met!) Then I added some rustic twine from PTI to the horizontal panel and this time, instead of having the twine pulled together with a button, I chose to add the buttons to the Labels One nestie panel instead. It was begging for something! And that makes three!

To be eligible for the giveaway, you are to create a card that utilizes the previous supplies, and then come back to the TSG Blog to add your name and a link to your project in the InLinkz that is located at the bottom of this challenge post. This challenge is open until the winner has been announced on the following Monday (Feb 14th). The winner will get a $5 gift certificate to use in the TSG Web store!

By participating in this challenge, you may also find yourself in the Trendsetting Spotlight that shines on the TSG Blog every Thursday. We will be on the look out to find challenge cards that stand out and show Trendsetting qualities. TSG stamps are not required to participate in the challenges but are appreciated :)


Hope you have a great Monday and thanks SO much for popping in!


Supplies
Stamps: There She Goes 'Day or Night'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', More Mustard, Really Rust, Close To Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Cool Caribbean, Distress Inks 'Tea Dye and Vintage Photo'
Papers: Strathmore Bristol Vellum, Bazzil Basics, PTI Kraft Cardstock, Georgia Pacific, PP - Crate Paper 'Restoration' Collection
Access: PTI Rustic Button Twine and Buttons - Chocolate, Spellbinders Labels One Nesties, Post-It Notes, Sakura Glitter Pen, Sponges, Machine Stitching, Dimensionals

4 Comments:

Tracey said...

A gorgeous card Sandra! I love it!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is fabulous!!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I like the coloring on your image and how you used a die cut shape for your background in place of the circle.

Angela Thomas said...

Gorgeous!!! Love it!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails