TSG158: Cork It!

Monday, May 28, 2012

Good Morning! 

How we all doing today?? Good, I hope! It's Memorial Day in the US today so I'm on a three day weekend...and loving it! Why can't all weekends be three days long?! I'd get so much done if they were! It also happens to be my birthday today. Love having a public holiday on my birthday! It means never having to ask for the day off from work! Yeehaa!

So in honor of my birthday I thought I should make today's card a birthday one! It's also Monday, which means it's time for another There She Goes challenge. Today's challenge, TSG158, is being dished out by this week's featured Trendsetter - Karen Giron. (It's actually Karen's last week with us, so if you want to show her how much you love her, pop on over to her blog and tell her how much you're going to miss her!) :) Her challenge for us is to use cork on your card or project!


I recently bought some cork so I was ready for this challenge! If you don't have any, I hear Trendsetter Holly McMillen has a tutorial on how to make your own! I was a little scared to use this stuff since I haven't used it before, but I decided to jump in the deep end and use a WHOLE LOT OF IT on my card! lol

I spied TSG's Alum, Iwona Palamountain's Sketchbook Saturday #61 layout and knew I could whip something up with it! The flowers were cut using PTI's Beautiful Blooms #1 dies, with brown buttons for the centers. The leaves are from TSG's Dance mini set and stamped onto some patterned paper - which happens to be the reverse of that gorgeous teal paper! It's an old piece from Kaisercrafts and it's one of my favorites! The sentiment is from TSG's Happy Mail mini set....which also happens to be one of the sets designed by Iwona! I've got to get bonus points for that! :D
To be eligible for the giveaway, create a card or project using cork and then come back to the TSG blog to add your name and a link to your project in the InLinkz that is located at the bottom of this challenge post. This challenge is open until the winner has been announced on the following Monday (June 4th). The winner will get a $5 gift certificate to use in the TSG Web store!

By participating in this challenge, you may also find yourself in the Trendsetting Spotlight that shines on the TSG Blog every Thursday. We will be on the lookout to find challenge cards that stand out and show Trendsetting qualities. TSG stamps are not required to participate in the challenges but are appreciated :)

You do not need to have a blog to be able to participate in the TSG Challenges! You can simply add the URL link from your project after it has been uploaded to your online craft gallery. If you upload your card to an online craft gallery, please use the keyword TSG158 so we can check out your beautiful work! 


Thanks so much for popping in today!


Supplies
Stamps: There She Goes 'Happy Mail' and 'Dance'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black'
Papers: Kraft Cardstock,  Bazzil Basics, PP - Kaiser Scrapbook 'Esther's Guestlist'
Access: PTI Beautiful Blooms #1 dies, PTI Buttons - Brown, PTI Rustic Button Twine - Cream, EK Success Edge Punch, Kiskars Decorative Scissors, Dimensionals, Machine Stitching 

5 Comments:

kadie said...

Happy Happy Birthday, my sweet friend!! I'm so glad you get a day off on your bday and I hope it's a very fun one (with some rest thrown in there too)! Love you lots!!

and fab card too! :)

Cynthia said...

Happy Birthday! Love your design using cork.

Karen Giron said...

I love this! Happy birthday my sweet friend! I adore your cork flowers - this is amazing!

canadian_liner said...

Happy Day! Your card is lovely. That cork adds such a botanical look to the flowers. I love Kaisercraft, too!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Tee hee!! You get all the bonus points available, girl!! I love cork and that too made my heart skip a beat... as well as that pretty paper! I've had another piece of DP from that collection that was my all-time favourite...I'm sure I'm still hoarding it somewhere! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails