Easiest Pajama Pants Tutorial!

Friday, October 5, 2012

TGIF! Ain't that the truth?!
As promised, I'm back to share the super easy tutorial I found to make pajama pants!

While lurking on Pinterest one day, a few weeks ago, I started to think about the upcoming holidays and how Christmas is only two months away (yikes!). After my mini freak out, I decided I wanted to make my little girl a pair of flannel pajamas to wear on Christmas Eve. So I searched for a few tutorials and by far, this one by Nancy, of My Cotton Creations, was the easiest to follow! Since my little one has movie night at her school once a month, I thought she could use a cute pair of PJ's for them too! And as luck would have it, Joann's was having a sale on their flannel fabric - a serious sale - like, $2.99 per yard kind of sale! They must have known I was coming! lol So I bought enough to make two pairs of PJ's!


Here's how they turned out! Cute aren't they?! For my 7yr old, I bought 1.5 yards of fabric, half a yard of some coordinating fabric for the waistband, tie and cuffs.


Instead of using elastic, I went with ties and I added some buttons on the front...just for looks!


I sewed on the coordinating cuffs and waistband after cutting the front and back panels and before sewing those two pieces together. I also double stitched the seams to give them a cleaner look. The best part about this project is that it isn't a hard thing to make and in fact, even with the double stitching and coordinating fabric, I still made these in just over 3 hours!!

I didn't have time to take a good picture of the other pair I made before my little one insisted on wearing them to bed this week...so here's a photo of her wearing them!


She LOVES them so much that she has begged me to take her shopping for flannel this weekend so she can have a few more of these in her closet! lol

To save you from scrolling to the top again, here's the tutorial I recommend using...

Christmas Eve Pajama Pants Tutorial

Have a fabulous weekend everyone!!

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails