A Boy and His Dinosaurs!

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Happy Hump Day to you all!

Did anyone catch season one of the show 'United States of Tara'? We don't have Showtime on our TV, but I saw the pilot episode for it on one of our Dexter DVD's, and I was instantly hooked! I finally got the DVD towards the end of last year. IMHO it's hilarious! The Man is a little disturbed by all the potty mouths but if you can get past that, it's such a great show with a really interesting storyline. Toni Collette is an incredible actress...and Australian to boot! Enough said. :)

It's Whimsical Wednesday time again and this week's sketch (DDSC18) by little Jack Diedrich is so easy, even a caveman could do it! Head on over to the blog to check out the sketch as well as today's featured Daredevil, who happens to be the uber creative Kris Palakiko!

I was so excited to be one of the few people who snagged this new, soon-to-be-released Happy Day set from The Greeting Farm! I loved the little girl in the set, but since Jack designed this sketch, I thought it appropriate to use the little boy for this card. (The set is officially being released March 1st, just in case you wanted to know!)

I'm off to check out what the other girls have whipped up with this sketch and you might want to do the same!

Thanks so much for popping in today! Tomorrow I have a Whipper Snapper card to show you. Talk about long time-no ink! :)


Supplies
Stamps: The Greeting Farm 'Happy Day' (to be released March 2010)
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Creamy Caramel, Pretty in Pink, Ruby Red, Cranberry Crisp, More Mustard, Really Rust, Buckaroo Blue, Not Quite Navy, Chocolate Chip, Going Gray, Old Olive, Sahara Sand, Cool Caribbean, Distress Inks 'Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain'
Papers: Strathmore Bristol Vellum, Bazzil Basics, PP - K&Company 'Actopus to Zelephant' and American Crafts 'Everyday - Howdy'
Embellishments: Spellbinders Large Rectangle Nestibilities, Buttons, Ribbon, DMC Embroidery Thread, Machine Stitching, Sponges, Dimensionals

27 Comments:

♥Rach♥ said...

I'm sooooo envious of that stamp! He reminds me of my little boy and I'm just the opposite of you, I actually liked Oliver but not Amanda so much, LOL.

Your card is just wonderful, the colors and coloring are just fantastic and I love the clean layout. Love little Oliver!!

~Rach
(AirForceMommy)

Angela said...

Oh Sandra, he is just too cute!!! your coloring is just beautiful!! And he is just perfect with this sketch because Oliver takes the show, front and centerstage!! And that paper is just perfect! I wasn't home the morning these went on sale so you know what I means!! I have to wait till March.
Hugs,
Angela

Unknown said...

Hi Sandra, aww your card is adorable and im so jealous, i want that set! i dont think i can wiat till march and in the UK no doubt we want get it until late that month!!!

Love your card and the layout, will pop over and have a look
take care
love mma xxx

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What an adorable card! I love the image... and you've really outdone yourself wit the coloring. I love the layout, too. Wonderful!

Juls said...

just adorable!

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Oh my gosh he is sooo cute! And look at your awesome colouring! I LOVE united states of Tara, how funny are all her personalities!! LOVE IT.
Kristy xo

Robin McK said...

Sandra - it's another stunner! You always do a fabulous job!

kadie said...

ooooooh, I'm so JEALOUS!!! But in a good way :)
This is fantastic! The colors just pop on the image and the papers are so bright and cheery! I adore this! Happy Hump Day!

Jacqueline said...

YES i LOVE U.S of Tara!! I was glued to the TV everytime it was on, cant wait for season 2!!

Oh Sandra I am completely blown away, pick my jaw up off the floor..Your coloring is absolutely STUNNING!! Every week I am in AWE of your creations...you are a TOTAL Rock STAR!! I LOVE this card...PERFECTION! Wow... :D

Jacilynn said...

adorable. This new image is sooo cute! Love your coloring as always.
x

kris said...

Ahhh! LOL, okay sorry for the scream, but this is amazingly CUTE and i'm so bummed i missed this set... on my bday wishlist for MARCH... hehehe! Lots of cuteness on this card Sandra!!! i LOVE the playful colors... makes him sooo much cuter! =D hugs, Kris

jan farnworth said...

he is so cute and i really have to wait tell march 1st to even have a chance of getting him why so far off he so cute. Well i am going to save a picture of this card and mark it march 1st just so i remember to order him up cause he so cute. thanks for sharing.

Stampin Mindy said...

What a cute image! I love your coloring and papers. Great boy card!

Mary Giles said...

Oh geesh this is too adorable! Your coloring on him is stunning! I love the rich colors, his rosie cheeks, and the paper is perfect! I can't wait to play with these too.

Anonymous said...

ooo - he's adorable! And March? We have to wait until March. You are such a tease!

Valerie said...

Thanks for your sweet comment on my card and blog banner :) Your a sweetheart <3

Your card is so adorable...I LOVE the image your coloring and the patterned paper!

karen said...

ooooh..... very cute! I love the hair you've colored up!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a darling card!

Jen Shults said...

Wow, I'm so envious that you got these early. These images are just amazing. I love what you did with this and your coloring is drool worthy! This just rocks!

Danni said...

Your coloring just blows me away every time I visit!! Wonderful card..love it!

Barbara said...

Wow! I love this card! First of all, the the image is fabulous and your coloring is perfection! The brightly colored paper really sets it off. Terrific!

Barb

Amy said...

Your work truly is perfection Sandra! I want to reach out and tousle Oliver's hair! Love your paper choices and embellies, I could just look at your beautiful cards all day!

WickedPixie said...

Sandra! So, so cute!! And your coloring is stunning, as I say over and over again! I hope you don't get tired of hearing it!! :-)Traci

Javablustamper said...

OMGosh!! Sandra I am in AWE of you woman!! Your MAD coloring skills are absolutely AMAZING!! I am still sitting here with m mouth WIDE open, in AWE!!! Man......I LOVE this and I LOVE that image!! SO cute!! I missed out on the PRE-release and was SO bummed!! You ROCK girl!! NO doubt!! Hope you are well!!



Take care!
Jacquie/Javablustamper!

RiNNE said...

I just love that card!!!! Awesome sketch, coloring and choice of elements! I tend to do girly cards but have a newborn son...it's nice to see some great inspiration to pull from when it comes to 'boy' cards! Thanks for sharing!

Randi said...

Wow!!! This is SO cute Sandra!! Amazing coloring as always!! His Hair is INCREDIBLE!!! Why aren't you illustrating children's books or something. You have SO much talent girli! Love that you used the Happy Day set for Jack's sketch!!

Kim R. said...

Wow this is stunning. Great coloring!

Related Posts with Thumbnails