Smooches!

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Good Morning Farm Lovers!

I've been feeling WAY guilty for not inking up my new Wild Sprouts from The Greeting Farm. They're not the newest kids on the spot, but since they haven't seen ink yet, they're new to me! I also bought some new paper from Crate Paper, a few weeks back that I haven't broken into yet, so Saturday night I pulled them all out and got them dirty! ;)

I've really missed my time on the Farm (the Greeting Farm, that is) so it was great to revisit it by playing with what might possibly be the CUTEST wild sprout in the land - Dee Dee! I also used this week's Club Anya and Friends Saturday Sketch challenge for my layout. Do you see the sparkle on that inverted scalloped border?? It's black glitter paper (from Michaels) and it's my favorite paper right now! I can't get enough of the stuff!

As usual, I used my reinkers and aquapainter brush to color in Dee Dee. I distressed the base panel with my edge distresser and then each panel was sponged with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink and machine stitched with either a straight stitch or my other favorite thing right now - zigzag stitch! I don't own the inverted scalloped circle nesties, so I used the flip side of my Fiskars scalloped scissors instead. When I do use this technique, I try to hide the point where I stopped and started under something - like the ribbon. I punched a scalloped border out of some scrap black cardstock and tucked it under the ribbon. The sentiment is from Kraftin Kimmie's everyday sentiments.

It felt good to ink up a neglected stamp! May have to do this on a regular basis....hmmm, I wonder what else is calling my name?! ;)


Supplies
Stamps:
The Greeting Farm
'Wild Sprout Dee Dee', Kraftin Kimmies 'Everyday Sentiments'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Creamy Caramel, Pretty in Pink, Raspberry, Almost Amethyst, Regal Rose, Ruby Red, Distress Inks 'Antique Linen, Tea Dye & Frayed Burlap'
Papers: Strathmore Bristol Vellum, Kraft, Bazzil Basics, PP -
Crate Paper 'Restoration Collection'
Access: Ribbon, EK Success Edge Punch, Spellbinders Large Circle Nestibility, Fiskars Decorative Scissors, Tim Holtz Edge Distresser, Machine Stitching, Sponges, Dimensionals

6 Comments:

Gabriela said...

I, too, have missed your Greeting Farm images. You have a keen knack for breathing such life into them.

~amy~ said...

such a fabbie card...your coloring is so very magnificent...love all the layers, the distressing and of course, the stitching!

Shazza said...

fab card, love the papers you used x

Judy McMullen said...

Sandra, you are inspiring me to ink up some of my TGF sprout images. Terrific card! I always admire your beautifully colored images and the way you put color and patterns together!!

Sheri Gilson said...

Super cute Sandra!! Love sweet Dee Dee!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

HOLY ADORABLENESS! Goodness girl how I MISS YOU! This is lovely-amazing, actually!

Related Posts with Thumbnails