Claudia & Company Monthly Challenge!

Friday, October 8, 2010

Hello again!

Can you believe it's the second Friday of October already?!?? Where does all that time go?!! It feels like it was only just the beginning of September and my baby was starting Kindergarten! It'll be Christmas before I know it too! Oi vey!

Well, because it's the second Friday of October, this means it's time for another Claudia & Company monthly challenge! Thank you to all those who played along with us last month. If you want to know who the winner was, just pop on over to the Company blog to see. And while you're there, you'll be able to see what this month's challenge is - it's a recipe challenge!! Lori, Claudia and the girls are challenging you all to create a card using these three things: The color Orange, some ribbon and some buttons!


This is definitely my kind of challenge because it has all the things I love on a card! :) I had to use Mr. Smiles again - especially for this challenge - because orange is such a happy color and Mr. Smiles is a happy kind of monster. :)

First off, I colored him with my Distress Ink pad (Broken China), SU reinker (Buckaroo Blue) and aquapainter brush. I couldn't resist - I gave him rainbow horns!! Hehe Then I cut him out with my precision scissors. For all the panels on the card, I sponged them with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink and machine stitched them to a piece of coordinating Bazzil cardstock. Then I used some contrasting ribbon to make the card pop and added a few buttons to pull the whole card together. I can never remember to think about where the sentiment might go until the very end of the process, so most of the time it just gets slapped on! Only today, I decided to slip it under the circle panel - I love this look!

Now it's your turn! Create a card using the color orange, some ribbon and some buttons and leave a link to it on the Claudia & Company blog post. You have until November 10th to get your entries in! Who knows - you could be our winner next month!! :)

Have a FABULOUS weekend everyone!!


Supplies
Stamps: Claudia & Company 'Mr Smiles'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Cool Caribbean, Regal Rose, Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust, More Mustard, Distress Inks 'Frayed Burlap, Broken China'
Papers: Strathmore Bristol Vellum, Bazzil Basics, PP - Basic Grey's 'Offbeat and Mellow Collection'
Access: Ribbon, PTI Buttons, Spellbinders 'Labels One and Large Circle Nestibilities', Sponges, Machine Stitching, Dimensionals

9 Comments:

kadie said...

Hey Girl! Happy Friday!
Your card is awesome. You always know just the right elements to showcase the stamp you're working with. And your coloring on Mr. Smiles is superb! Love this card!
Love YOU too! Hugs and happy weekend!

Mary J said...

Hi Sandra! Wow, what a wonderful card - so fun! You've used those strong colours perfectly!

Tracy said...

This came out so cute Sandra! I need you to teach me how to color like you do. You are da master!!!
Hugs,
Tracy

Ida said...

Oh My Goodness this is adorable! Sure did make me smile.

*Susan* said...

Hey there, long time no see! No, I cannot believe it's the second Friday in October already! ha-ha! WOW, your blue Mr. Smiles looks amazing against the colors & patterns you chose. And I so love the stitching details. *sigh* You may have inspired me enough to drag out the dinosaur of a sewing machine I have to give it a try. Super cute card! :-)

Sheri Gilson said...

Hi Sandra!! What a super cute card!! Love the great DP & colors with fun Mr. Smiles!! Wonderful job!!
Hugs~
Sheri

Sam said...

I can't believe I've only just discovered your blog! You make so many beautiful things and I love your Etsy Friday Finds!

Lana Clarke said...

Wow your cards are so impressive and I'm so pleased I found your super blog I have looked through so many of your fab creations!
Hugs
Lana x

Annika said...

What a cute happy monsta!!! And I love the papers and the added texture from embossing and stitching!!
Hugs
Annika

Related Posts with Thumbnails