Happy Father's Day

Friday, April 20, 2012

Happy Friday everyone!

I had planned to blog a bit more than I have this week, but that turned out not to be the case. All that fresh air last weekend got the best of me, I think! My little girl has also been on Spring vacation, so I've been shuttling her to various places where she's hung out this week, while I work. Although, I did mange to take yesterday off work, but it was not a day of relaxation. I suggested a sleep over with 2 of her friends and spent all of yesterday at parks as well as taking our cat to and from the vet....never again. I'm pooped!

One card I managed to get done this week was this one for
There She Goes (Again!) week. All week long, Jess selects 3 of the older sets to highlight. This week those sets were Dadisms, LOL Taglines and Under The Weather. Since Father's Day is only a couple of months away, I thought I'd get a little ahead of the game and make my card now! :)

Not a lot going on with this card, I know, but if you knew how long it took me to color up that image....you'd have probably kept the card simple too! ;)

To color this card, I used SU's Creamy Caramel for the floor boards, Soft Sky for the wall color, Close To Cocoa for the chair, Chocolate Chip for the table and his boots, Buckaroo Blue for his shirt and Distress Inks 'Frayed Burlap' for his pants. Oh! And Pumpkin Pie for the radio. And because I used a digi stamp (sometimes Jess gives us those when some of the Trendsetters don't have the sets), I had to print this on Georgia Pacific (Walmart) cardstock, which doesn't play nice with my choice of coloring. It soaks up the color really quickly, so you have to be sure of where you're putting it and how much you're applying. But I still like how it turned out!

Thanks so much for your patience this week! I hope you have a lovely weekend and get some stamping in! I know I will! :)


Supplies

Stamps: There She Goes 'Dadisms'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Various SU ink and reinkers, Distress Inks 'Antique Linen'
Papers: Georgia Pacific, Bazzil Basics, PP - Crate Paper and K&Company
Access: PTI Button - Brown, PTI Rustic Button Twine - Jute, Machine Stitching, Sponges, Dimensionals

1 Comments:

Judy McMullen said...

Sandra, the only thing you need going on with this card is this beautifully colored image. Your coloring is always fantastic but this one is beyond fantastic! It needs no embellishments!! Awesome!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails