So Great To Sea You!

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Good Morning!

What a week it's been so far! Monday was a beautiful day. The sun was shining and my peonies were about to bloom. Then yesterday, we had a terrible storm roll through town with torrential rains, high winds, tornado warnings, hail and flooding! It washed away a huge chunk of our driveway and my beautiful peony bush got pumbled! Such bizarre weather!

Luckily we didn't lose power last night because I wouldn't have had any light to make this card! Phew!

I have been waiting to use this set ever since I got it in the mail...it's the Make A Splash set from There She Goes. She's adorable isn't she? The main reason I wanted this set is because I was dying to color her fins in and add a ton of glitter to it! :D I have to get my fix whenever I can get it!

I used my SU reinkers to color her in. Her fin was a combination of Pool Party, Tempting Turquoise and Old Olive; her hair was a little bit of Really Rust and Ruby Red, and the 'water' around her was a tiny bit of Pool Party with Antique Linen Distress Ink around the edges of the oval panel.

The papers are from an old stack of MME 'Home' glitter paper and that gorgeous wrinkled ribbon is from Ribbon Carousel. The colors I chose were inspired by the Pinterest Inspiration challenge RCC55 this week over at Ribbon Carousel. (Must remember to pin that image!) The layout is from last week's Mojo Monday #242. I also used a teeny tiny bit of cork on my card too as a bit of a reminder about TSG's cork challenge this week! Man, that's a lot of inspiration on one tiny card! lol

Well, I hope your week is going well so far! Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by today!


Supplies
Stamps: There She Goes 'Make A Splash'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', SU's Creamy Caramel, Pretty In Pink, Ruby Red, Regal Rose, Pool Party, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, Really Rust, Distress Inks Frayed Burlap and Antique Linen
Papers: Canson Manga Cardstock, Kraft Cardstock, Bazzil Basics, PP - MME Glitter 
Access: Wrinkled Ribbon - Ribbon Carousel, Basic Grey Brad - Jovial Collection, Cork, Spellbinders Oval and Scalloped Oval Nesties, Stampendous Snow Crystal Glitter, Machine Stitching, Sponges, Dimesionals

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails