DS105: Bit of Stardust....and a farewell

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Hi everyone!

Sorry I've been so quiet lately. I've been a little swamped with end-of-year things at my daughter's school and we had Spring baseball all month long. It just wiped me out!

But I'm back today with another card for this week's Deconstructed Sketch Challenge #105!

DS105-BitsOfStardust_bySandraMacLean


I think you're going to love this sketch! It's got lots of great elements and you know it's got to be good when it was sketched by design team member Sheri Gilson!! Jen's been busy moving house, so some of the girls have stepped in to help her out with the sketches....aren't they a nice bunch?! :)

For my card, I used one of my favorite There She Goes' sets, Bit Of Stardust, because I love this expression! The papers are from MME's Sunshine paper pad, buttons from PTI (kraft) and some yummy bias binding ribbon.

Here's what this week's sketch looks like:


Now for the sad part....unfortunately, I've had to make the hard decision to step down from the Deconstructed Sketch design team AND my beloved There She Goes design team. :( I thought I had a little bit more time than I did, but we found out a few weeks ago that my daughter has to attend summer school to improve on her grammar and comprehension skills. She's only in 2nd grade, but we don't want her falling behind already, so I made a promise to myself to help her as much as I can this summer to get her where she needs to be for 3rd grade.

The other reason is that I have to eventually give up my craft room for....the little baby that we're expecting in December!! Yes, we're finally getting that second child I've been wishing for for years now! We're SO excited to be having another little one in the house that I'm not too cut up about giving up the only spare room in the house (the craft room) to them. The bit I hate is having to say goodbye to the nicest group of girls I've ever had the pleasure working with! I've been designing for TSG for almost 4 years now and I as going to miss them so much! And the Deconstructed Sketch girls are just a fantastic group of ladies....*sigh*

I also want to thank everyone who's followed my little blog and supported me with over the years. The only reason I've kept my blog going this long is because of you all and all the sweet comments you leave me. I plan on leaving my blog up, just in case things aren't as chaotic as I envision them being after the baby is born and I find some extra time somewhere to make a project or two to share with you all. Never say never, right?? :)

All my hugs, Sandra

19 Comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Oh Sandra! I had goosebumps reading about your good news!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy!!!

Your card is wonderful too!!

Nancy Thomas said...

Gorgeous card (as always). And of course I will miss your fantastic creations but family comes first. Always. Congrats on the new baby too!

Anonymous said...

Sandra, that is wonderful news...and I would give mine up too, as hard as it would be, but I only have one child and so wish I would have had another!!! You can always find a corner of the basement...later!! Congrats GF!

Tricia T said...

No wonder you're a little wiped out!!! Congratulations!! Be sure to keep an eye on some physical things like hearing, vision and food allergies (gluten especially, but milk, eggs, soy, peanuts are others) for your daughter. They can all affect grammar and comprehension skills... just ask me how I know! ; )

I will miss seeing your gorgeous cards, but I am SO happy for you! Blessings!

Tricia

kadie said...

Love you, Girlie!! Congrats again!!

Judy McMullen said...

OH, SANDRA, I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU! CONGRATS! You're so wise to take time to help your daughter and take care of yourself too! What a beautiful card to make this awesome announcement and to close your time with Deconstucted Sketch!

Wishing you so much joy and happiness and blessing upon blessing!!!

Gabriela said...

Sandra-My-Sandra,

I'm bursting at the seams with joy for you. This is absolutely the best news ever that you and Scott are expecting your second and so longed-for chid. What an exciting time for you. I couldn't possibly be any happier for you. Please, please, please keep us posted.

With huge and heartfelt Congratulations to you both,

Gabriela

Elena said...

Congratulations on your happy news Sandra! I can only imagine how happy is your family! :)
Will be missing seeing your wonderful art... But family comes first.
Best wishes to you, Sandra!

Sheri Gilson said...

Gorgeous card, Sandra!! I will miss all your fabulous creations but wish you all the best and a BIG Congrats on your wonderful news!!

Crestajune said...

Sandra,
I have really enjoyed our short time together on the DS DT. Your creations always inspire me. What exciting baby news for you and your family! Congratulations!! I will miss you greatly, but time with children is the most important gift we can give them. I think you are awesome!!
Hugs,
Cresta

Holly Saveur said...

CONGRATULATIONS..such happy news for you !
sad to see you go..but we know it is a happy reason!

Rebecca Ednie said...

Super huge congrats!! I'm thrilled for you and your family! We spaced ours out a lot too and to be honest, it's fabulous! All that time when kid 1 is at school that you can spend with baby is awesome. I'm so happy for you!

tracey said...

Big congrats to you and your family Sandra. It's been wonderful working with you but family most definitely comes first :)

Jess Willison said...

Sandra - Huge congrats to you and your family! Such exciting news.

I'll miss seeing your fantastic work, but wish you all the best with your new bundle of joy!

nwilliams6 said...

Beautiful work! This is such a sweet card - especially given that the card is actually representing your own news. Great news and I wish you all the best. You are so making the right decision. I was there years ago when I should have made a decision to pull back at work and spend more time with my girls. Unfortunately, I made the wrong decision - the job is gone - the company folded, and I regret the lost time. Good for you! Congrats.

Anonymous said...

yea! Congrats to you and yours! So happy for you!

Patrice said...

So pretty - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/06/52-card-pickup-225.html

Patrice said...

So pretty - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/06/52-card-pickup-225.html

Kim said...

Although I will miss your beautiful work I wish you so much happiness with your new little family member! Congratulations!

Related Posts with Thumbnails