Twinkle Twinkle Little Riley!

Monday, November 3, 2008

Today's sneak peek is a sweet one in soooo many ways!!

'B is for Baby' is just one of the new sets being released this Friday (or late Thursday night if you HAVE to HAVE your hands on it!) at Hanna Stamps!

When Kristi sent me this stamp set I was so excited because the images in it are so sweet and darling! Originally, when I was brainstorming ideas for this card, I was envisioning lots of pink and yellow colors, but when I found this patterned paper in my stash, all that went out the window! Isn't it perfect?! I think I squealed when I found it!

I stamped the image on my watercolor paper twice - one for the main image and one for cutting out the little shapes. The image was watercolored with my SU inks and my aquapainter and then the individual pieces were cut out and added to the main image with dimensionals. The background was sponged and I added some stickles to the edges of the main image as well as the cute mobile characters. The KI 'icicle' letters are something I've had in my stash of goodies for a while now. Even though they're big letters, their translucency helps them blend in with the image. I'm going to have to see if my LSS still carries them - because I now want more!


My second sneak peek for you today features our favorite Moose, Riley! I wonder if Sophie gave him those chocolates? Or were they meant for Sophie?! Oh dear!

This is a quick layout but why do anything else when you have chocolate and a Riley together on the same card?! As usual, I colored with SU inks on watercolor paper and then added some stickles for some SPARKLE! :D

Hanna Stamps Release Party: November 6th, 9-11pm - be HERE or be square!

Supplies:

Card 1
Stamps: Hanna Stamps! 'B is for Baby'
Ink: Archival Brilliance 'graphite black', Cool Caribbean, Morning Marigold, Buckaroo Blue
Paper: Canson Watercolor Paper, Bazzil cs, PP - Provo Craft 'Blue Princess Stars
Access: Ribbon, dimensionals, decorative scissors, KI 'Icicles', stickles

Card 2
Stamps: Hanna Stamps! 'Chocolate Riley'
Ink: Archival Brilliance 'graphite black', Creamy Caramel, Close To Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Pretty In Pink, Real Red, Vintage Violet, Distress Inks 'Antique Linen and Tea Dye'
Paper: Canson Watercolor Paper, Bazzil cs, PP - Imagination PROJECT 'Chole's Closet'
Access: Ribbon, dimensionals, stickles

9 Comments:

kadie said...

cute cute cute! How perfect is that PP!! Great job!

Catherine said...

Awwww! The Boy card is so sweet and beautifully done!
And Riley is looking fab, as well!

Anonymous said...

Sandra, love those "boy" letters. What a terrific addition to this darling card.

Anonymous said...

What a couple of amazing cards! I (of course) love the baby set. I think I'm going to have to do some ordering - LOL... Can't wait to see what else you come up with this week.

Lorie said...

Sandra, these are some really fabulous cards! The baby card is just beautiful, and I love it!! Riley is so cute lounging on the couch scarfing chocolates! Great job!!!!

Elena said...

Hello Sandra! I saw your mermaid card at Marie's blog! So beautiful!!! These cards are so pretty! Love the first card! Very cute! Your coloring is amazing and very talented! Your second card is adorable! That's probably how I will look soon after eating lots of chocolate!

Jami said...

This is completely adorable!! Those letters are really fun!
hugs, Jami

karen said...

OOOH, I love them!

Carolyn Bounds said...

Both cards are wonderful, but the baby card just knocked my socks off!!! Wow! It is fabulous!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails