Twice the fun!

Monday, January 19, 2009

Good Morning!

Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend. Hubby had the weekend off so we headed for the mall after DD's gymnastics class on Saturday. Since the closest mall to us is 1.5hrs away, I never like to take that drive by myself, so we only go when hubby has a day off on the weekend. Anyway, so it was a rather successful weekend for me and my wardrobe. I bought two tops to go under a suit, a woollen top, a long cardigan jacket, a pair of dress pants, a dress suit, two skirts and three pairs of earrings for $130. Not bad considering I actually saved $300!! I kid you not! Most of what I bought was on sale at 70% off then a woman in front of me gave me a spare coupon she had that gave me $50 off a purchase of $120 or more! I was one happy shopper! So for at least this year I won't be wearing clothes three times as old as my daughter! LOL

Ok, onto today's card. I managed to make a card that fits two challenges this week! The first one is the Featured Stamper Challenge on SCS (FS102). This week's featured stamper was Lori Craig, better known as Stamp_momma. I loved looking through her gallery and finally settled on this card called Basic Pears.

I loved the layout of Lori's card and that little bit of ribbon was a great touch. The rules behind the FS challenge is to CASE the card but change at least two things from the original to make it your own. I changed out the patterned paper and the stamp set used.

There She Goes is a relatively new clear stamp company started by another SCS member, Jessica Knutsen, AKA Knutsen24. I bought this mini set before Christmas for myself and a few of my good friends. The stamps are clear and stamp so smoothly. I was very impressed with their quality. I used these stamps to create the embossed resist technique again because it was Our Creative Corner's challenge for this week!

I stamped the images onto some Very Vanilla cs with versamark ink, then added clear embossing powder and heat set it. Then I pulled out my Distress Inks and layered the colors (1. Antique Linen, 2. Tea Dye, 3. Vintage Photo, 4. Walnut Stain) onto the piece of cardstock until I was happy with the look. Then it was just a matter of matting it with the Bazzil cs and popping it up with some dimensionals and adding just a touch of sparkle with the pearls. I told you I was crazy about them right?!


So, there you go - two challenges in one card. I'm pretty proud of myself because that very rarely happens! Also, I just want to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who left a comment on last Friday's post. I was totally blown away by all your super sweet comments!! It totally made my weekend! :D A happy Monday to you all!


Supplies:
Stamps: There She Goes 'Thinking of You #08-0020'
Inks: Versamark Ink, Distress Inks 'Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Vintage Paper and Walnut Stain'
Paper: Very Vanilla, Bazzil cs, Basic Grey 'Sugared Collection - 'Tender'
Access: Ribbon, KaiserScrapbook Pearls 'Blush', clear ep, dimensionals

16 Comments:

~amy~ said...

Gorgeous card....your layering of distress inks is absolutely PERFECT-O!

WOW...you struck it rich shopping..seriously...it is thee best time to go. The sales are incredible..

Lauri said...

Wow! You made out great shopping! Good for you!! How nice you got the extra coupon too! I love how you layered the inks on this, and the sentiment is beautiful! I will have to go check out her company!

Jessica Diedrich said...

I have to tell you that I love hearing/reading your stories just as much as seeing your beautiful cards! What a deal you got! I wanna go shopping with YOU!!!

This card is so pretty...love the white on kraft. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Love the deal - really love the card. I never thought of layering the distress inks - gonna try that tonight :)

Hugs sweetie pie!

karen said...

Very nice! And a lovely stamp set at that! *wink*

Great HAUL shopping Sandra!! That's like $10.83 per item!! A suit?! For $10!! I hardly find underwear that cheap!

MiamiKel said...

What an incredibly lovely card - so soft and calming. The colors used are splendid! And that sentiment .... wow, so heartwarming! TFS!

Cassie said...

just lovely! i love the sentiment!! and the paper and ribbon is so elegant!! thanks for the heads up on the stamp company too - i'll have to check them out!

Catherine said...

Loving this elegant card, Sandra! And what a terrific sentiment!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Sandra, that is a great bargain. I'm so proud of you!!! LOL

Love your card, especially the sentiment. I may have to buy this set.

*Susan* said...

Sandra this is just gorgeous, so elegant! You use the distress inks so well! I just love the look of emboss resist but haven't made a card with that technique for so long. I think you've inspired my next card! And what a successful shopping trip to boot!

Carolyn Bounds said...

Another stunner my dear!!!! I love the vintage feel to it, and the sentiment is priceless and oh so true!

Sounds like you made out like a bandit on your weekend trip to the mall:o) I must say, I was surprised you didn't buy any pretty paper;o)

Love ya!!
Carolyn

Mary Giles said...

Sandra...I want to go shopping with you. You seem to know how to find all the bargains. The card is lovely and the ribbon is a nice touch.

Lorie said...

Great shopping bargains, Sandra! You are the shopping master finding all those great deals! Your card is absolutely fantastic! I've been popping in and out of Lori's gallery all weekend trying to decide which one to case! I hope to get to that soon! Lori doesn't live all that far from me, and I soooo want to meet her someday! Thanks for sharing both your wonderful shopping bargains and your card. You are an inspiration in everything you do!

Carolyn Bounds said...

I left you a little something on my blog:o)

Hugs!
Carolyn

MiamiKel said...

Aw, I'm sorry about the rough week ahead -- but I know you will march forward and tackle it all in stride somehow! LOVELY Card -- darling DP and the stamp is the cutest! Your coloring is simply beyond amazing!

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

I love this card, all the embossing and texture.. very stunning!

Related Posts with Thumbnails