Sweet Summer Afternoon

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Good Morning Lovelies!

I was planning on posting this card yesterday, but I was so exhausted from spending all day Monday outside measuring pot holes (Yes, pot holes. Ahhh, such is my glamorous life!), I couldn't muster the energy to write up a post that night. Why is it that plenty of fresh air tires us?! It's almost an oxymoron isn't it?

When I saw Taylor's TESC116 sketch for this week, I immediately thought of the other floral silhouette from the TE Summer Afternoon set that was released last week. It looks like it was made for this sketch doesn't it?



It's a pity the rest of the card didn't come together as easily. Anything that could go wrong, SO did! The first edge I machine stitched produced awful stitching where the bottom thread was pulling up through the holes. So I then removed the thread to start again and stitched part of the edge again only to find that I ran out of thread on the bobbin! Ahh! So I unpicked the stitching once again and added thread to the bobbin, but before I could resew that edge again I realized that I had emptied the spool of all it's thread! Doh! So then I changed over to my white thread and proceeded to brake a needle while stitching! *sob sob* But wait: there's more! Even though I clear embossed the red flowers, the red ink started to smudge as I sponged around it with my Distress Inks! And I had to redo my sentiment banner because I the red ink that was on my fingers left fingerprints all over the first one! Oi vey! Talk about a very frustrating evening of stamping! Mental note to self: BE CAREFUL WHEN USING RED INK!

Regardless of the trouble I had making this card, I'm still happy with how it turned out. As I mentioned before, I clear embossed the image and sponged around it with a combination of Antique Linen and Tea Dye Distress Inks. I stitched around the main panel and added some of Taylor's Multi Twinkles (love these things!) to the sentiment banner. I also used a scalloped border punch to add some interest to the vertical panel. I was SO in love with the ribbon and button detail that Alice Wertz did on her card, I had to CASE them! Thank you Alice for a great embellishment!

I should probably finish up this post before Blogger decides it should give me grief too! lol Thanks so much for stopping by today!


Supplies
Stamps:
Taylored Expressions
'Summer Afternoon' and 'Garden Party Blooms'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Real Red, Distress Inks - Antique Linen and Tea Dye
Papers: Strathmore Bristol Vellum, Bazzil Basics, PP - October Afternoon
'Thrift Shop'
Access: Buttons, Ribbon, DMC Thread,
EK Success Open Scallop Edge Punch, Multi Twinkles, Machine Stitching, Sponges, Dimensionals

10 Comments:

Juls said...

Fabulous! Love the colours and combo of papers! hugs Juls

Shaela said...

oh dear... this card caused a lot of trouble! but it turned out beautiful :)

Michelle said...

Sorry you had such trials putting this together but it turned out beautiful! I just love it!

Sparkle said...

Such a lovely card!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This card is pure gorgeousness!! I adore the color with that fabulous dp! And the sketch is fantastic!! What a beauty!!

Deconstructing Jen said...

Every time I come here I see something absolutely beautiful and this is no different... goodness it's stunning. I LOVE this papers together. So gorgeous!

Judy McMullen said...

Sandra, so sorry you went through so many troubles to create this card. Your persistence paid off because it is absolutely gorgeous! I sure wish I could take some lessons from you! Hugs, Judy

Theresa said...

What a beautfiul job! I love your card. I like how the buttons and bows are done. I also love your choice of DP.

Hugs!!

Kim said...

ALL of your cards are my favorites but I have to say that this one is right up at the top! Sounds like you have a very interesting job too!

kadie said...

ooooh, I love all the red! And the way you've added tiny ribbons behind the buttons is just brilliant!

Related Posts with Thumbnails