Gobble! Gobble! Gobble!

Friday, October 21, 2011

Happy Friday everyone!

I, for one, am very happy it's Friday already! It hasn't been a trying week at work, but more of the mundane kind and I'm still tired from all that work I did on the cabinet project. I've been humming and ahhing over whether to add crown molding to the top of the cabinets. It would finish off the look so nicely, but it wouldn't leave me much room to put things (namely baskets) once they're up. I might take photos this weekend and have you help me decide! :)

All this week over at the There She Goes blog we've been shining the spotlight on a few older sets that are perfect for Fall. This sets are some of my favorites - Bountiful Blessings, Autum Mosaics and Gobble. There are card samples from the past, new tips and tricks PDF's that Jessica put together and today, the senior Trendsetters dug a little deeper and came up with a bunch of new cards for you to drool over!

Here's what I whipped up this week:

I used the Gobble set, together with this week's TSG126 partial image challenge and Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch SSSC139, to create this card. I also used one of the dies from the World's Best die set to create the banner. The scalloped border was created with some decoratived scissors (my go-to tools). I colored up the sign, cut it out and then threaded it through a slit I made at the top of the turkey's hand (or should I say wing?!). I needed something to fill in the negitive space to balance out the turkey image, so I created some sky (check out my tutorial here) to create some harmony.

I was seriously craving a Day After Thanksgiving sandwich after making this card! Bring on the turkey!! :)

I hope you have a fabulous weekend, whatever it is you're doing. We're headed to the Keene Pumpkin Festival.....should be a spooky good time! ;)


Supplies
Stamps: There She Goes 'Gobble' mini set
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', SU's Creamy Caramel, Morning Marigold, Dusty Durango, Ruby Red, Distress Inks 'Black Soot and Vintage Photo'
Papers: Strathmore Bristol Vellum, Bazzil Basics - Bitter Chocolate, PTI Kraft cardstock, PP - MME and Sassafras Lass
Access: There She Goes 'World's Best' die set, Fiskars Decorative Scissors, PTI Rustic Button Twine, Machine Stitching, sponges, Dimensionals

2 Comments:

Judy McMullen said...

Hi Sandra! I'm so glad to see your beautiful creations on your blog. This turkey card is so cute! Love how you put everything together: Paper, color, embellishments and love that super great cloud template!!!

Oh, and turkey sandwiches are my fav part of having Turkey!

Nena3110 said...

Nice blog, beautiful cards!

Related Posts with Thumbnails