TSG125 Sketch Challenge...Happy Haunting!

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Good Morning!

We had the most gorgeous Fall weekend ever! The weather was scorching (80deg in October is scorching for us!) and I basked in it for as long as I could stand. Actually, at one point, The Man thought I was nuts because it was so hot and I was standing in the sun, in my jeans, sanding cabinets! Even though I was overheating just a little, I couldn't bring myself to go indoors because I knew that sunshine wasn't going to stick around forever! I know some of you are with me on this one, right?? :)

This week's There She Goes Challenge TSG125 is brought to us by Trendsetter Jackie Rockwell and she has a fabulous sketch for us all!

If you got your hands on the Worlds Best Die set from the recent release, then it's going to come in handy for some of the elements on this sketch! If you didn't, then not to worry, you can easily create the same look with a pair of scissors and some circle punches.

I adore Halloween! So much so, that I usually skip decorating for Fall in September and break out my Halloween decorations instead! Fall decorations can wait until after October, as far as I'm concerned.

Which is why created a Halloween card this week - I've been in the mood for over a month now! :)

I broke out some of my coverted Graphic 45 Halloween paper from last year, as well as the Bugs and Hisses and Hauntingly Delightful sets and went to work! The banner tags and the medallion were created with the die from the Worlds Best die set. I stamped the cross onto one of them, then I added glitter to the edges of the banners by dipping them in glue first. I used my pinking shears to create the 'string' that holds up the banners. I added black buttons tied with a bit of PTI's Rustic Button Twine to add a bit of detail (and to cover up the overlap).

I sponged the base with Distress Inks (Tea Dye and Vintage Photo), then distressed the edges with my scissors, then sponged them again to get rid of the white edges. Then I matted it to some black card stock and machine stitched them together. I stamped the large cobweb from the Bugs and Hisses set in the corners and curved the Happy Haunting sentiment to mimic the 'string'. Loooove that acrylic stamps let us do that! Lastly, I stamped the little ghost from the Hauntingly Delightful set onto white cardstock, colored in his treat bag, then cut him out and popped him on the medallion with some dimensionals.

Here's a peek at what I did to the inside of the card....

Think you can do something with this sketch?? Well, here's what you need to know for this challenge...

To be eligible for the giveaway, you are to create a card using the sketch, and then go back to the TSG Blog to add your name and a link to your project in the InLinkz that is located at the bottom of the challenge post. This challenge is open until the winner has been announced on the following Monday (October 17th). The winner will get a $5 gift certificate to use in the TSG Web store!

By participating in this challenge, you may also find yourself in the Trendsetting Spotlight that shines on the TSG Blog every Thursday. We will be on the look out to find challenge cards that stand out and show Trendsetting qualities. TSG stamps are not required to participate in the challenges but are appreciated :)

You do not need to have a blog to be able to participate in the TSG Challenges! You can simply add the URL link from your project after it has been uploaded to your online craft gallery. If you upload your card to an online craft gallery, please use the keyword TSG125 so we can check out your beautiful work!

Thanks so much for stopping in today!


Supplies
Stamps:
There She Goes Bugs and Hisses, Hauntingly Delightful
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', SU's Going Grey and Really Rust, Distress Inks 'Tea Dye, Antique Linen Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain'
Papers: White and Black cardstock, PTI Kraft Cardstock, PP - Graphic 45
Access: TSG Worlds Best Die Set, PTI Buttons and Rustic Button Twine, Pinking Shears, Fiskars Decorative Scissors, Machine Stitching, Sponges, Dimensionals

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails