Exploring!

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Good morning everyone! I hope your weekend was great. We had a very wet one, but I didn't get any stamping done. Instead, I worked on a chalkboard frame I did for our kitchen. It turned out fabulous and I'm hoping to take a photo of it and share it with you soon. 

In the mean time, I thought I'd share some more details on the scrapbook/stampbook page I made for the TSG blog this past Saturday.

I borrowed the layout from this gorgeous page because it had so many of my favorite elements in it; scallops, banners and layers!

A couple of weekends ago, we went to a local kids science museum with everything is hands on. Syd and her best friend had a fabulous time exploring! So I had to document the trip!

I used some very old paper from Crate Paper, K&Company and Cosmo Cricket. Three different companies but the papers seemed to work together perfectly! I cut the scalloped border using a Spellbinder Circle Nestie, then sponging the edges with Tea Dye Distress Ink. Then I trimmed the corners of the larger panels with my corner punch and sponged the edges of those with Antique Linen Distress Ink. Then, because I sew on everything now, I stitched the panels to the base cardstock, also from Crate Paper. The black and white banners were made from washi tape from Michaels and the pink and tan washi tape at the top of the page are from TGF's Cream Cake set (which apparently they don't sell anymore). The medal I created in the center of the page was stamped with one of the sentiments from the Cutie Pi set onto some scrap grid paper, then matted with kraft cardstock, sponged around the edges with Antique Linen and I added some black adhesive pearls for a little detail. The two banners hanging from it were made from scrap Scenic Route paper. I stamped and colored two of the images from the Cutie Pi set and popped those on the page to give it a little something extra!

The words read:
What's better than visiting a kids hands-on science museum?? Visiting it with your 1st grade best friend! McKenna, her little sister Maddox and Syd had a blast exploring the Montshire Kids Museum in Norwich, Vermont. They even got to do a color experiement! I think the biggest hit of all was the bubbles area! Science can be fun!

Scrapbooking is so much fun now that I can add stamps to my pages! I think it makes the pages just that more interesting to look at.

Don't forget: This week is our There She Goes (Again!) week and our theme is Back To School, so pop on over to the blog to check out the inspiration!


Thanks for stopping by today!


0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails