Happy Halloween!

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!!

I had to schedule this post just in case we lost power during Hurricane Sandy...which is highly probable since we are surrounded by woodlands and trees normally come down during any storm. As I write this post on Monday night, we've already heard the news that Wednesday evening's trick or treating for the kids has been postponed to Saturday evening. My Syd is a little peeved at that since we've been counting down for 15 days now. At least she will be safe doing it now though. The hurricane will have passed by then. :)

So in honor of Halloween night going on everywhere else in the world, I made this card using the new Toadally Awesome set from There She Goes!

I didn't color up this cutie during release week because I wanted to show you all the other image in the set (remember Mr Frogs??) She is SOOOO much fin to color!! And I am envious of her gorgeous locks!

As always, I colored her up with my SU reinkers and Distress Inks. The papers are left over scraps from MME's Boo To You Collection. I sponged each layer with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and machine stitched it to some black cardstock. Then I added the border created with MFT's Open Bracket border die and the hearts were cut from glitter paper with PTI's Heart Prints dies. The banners were done freehand and stitched to some scrap cardstock, then adhered to the base. Last, but not least, I added some jute twine and a black button from PTI.

I hope you all have a wonderful Halloween evening! And take care!


{Supplies}
{Stamps} There She Goes 'Toadally Awesome'
{Papers} PTI Kraft Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Recollections Black Glitter Paper, PP - MME 'Boo To You' Collection
{Inks} StazOn 'Jet Black', SU's Creamy Caramel, Pretty In Pink, Lucky Limeade, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust, Morning Marigold, Sahara Sand, Cool Caribbean, Buckaroo Blue, Distress Inks - Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Black Soot and Frayed Burlap
{Access} PTI Heart Prints Die, MFT Open Bracket Border, PTI Button - True Black, Jute Twine, Sponges, Machine Stitching, Dimensionals

3 Comments:

KimCreate said...

Really fabulous card!!! Hope all is well for you in Keene.

kadie said...

L-O-V-E it!!! So SO So cute!! I just ordered her and the ninja set :) I can't wait to play with them! Happy Halloween, Lady!

Kristie said...

Super cute!! Love the varied size of the flags going up the side of the card.

Related Posts with Thumbnails