Deconstructed Sketch #101...Got Diploma?

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Good Morning sweet peeps!

I don't know how it got to be Thursday already! These weeks seem to fly by lately...have they for you too?! I wish they'd slow down just a tad!

Bee update: I went into my hive last Sunday and just as I thought, those busy girls had built the burr comb back up and under the top feeder again! Lots of perfectly good comb and baby bees that I had to remove! :( I have to remove it because it would make it hard to inspect the hive after a while. So, after cleaning off the run-away comb (and unfortunately killing a few bees along the way), I added another box of deep frames to the hive so the girls have 10 more frames to build comb on. That should keep them happy for a while! They were busy little bees too - all but 3 of the frames had comb built up after only 3 weeks! Most of the brood (babies) was capped which means I'll have a new batch of honey bees on my hands! Sadly, the original batch of bees are almost at the end of their life cycle. :( I'll miss them, but I'm looking forward to seeing how fast this new batch will expand the hive!

Shall we get on with why you're really here?! lol

Today's Deconstructed Sketch is a beauty! Here's what I did with it...

DS101_BySandraMacLean

I kept my card pretty close to the sketch this week....except for adding the circle detail and button. It looked a little bare without them! I used the ConGRADulations set from There She Goes, which is being highlighted today on the There She Goes blog! I wish I had made this card last week - my brother-in-law graduated from college! Doh!

Here's the sketch:


If you want to play along, here's the Deconstructed Sketch post with all the details!
And if you need more inspiration, check out what the rest of the design team did with it!


I hope you can play along with us this week!

Hugs,
Sandra

1 Comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

I love the mix of patterns! And that sentiment is too fun :) So cool about the bees!

Related Posts with Thumbnails