TSG206: I Love My Mommy

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Happy May everyone!

I hope you all had a lovely weekend. We had the most beautiful weather so I spent the majority of the weekend in my garden. I have a massive forsythia bush that got a sever haircut and a big hydrangea bush needed a trim too. I barely put a dent in what needs to be done in our garden but it's a start! The other thing I did was visit my bee hive for the second time after installing our bees. Seriously - there's a reason there's a saying 'busy bee'! In just over a week, they've drawn out comb on both sides of 4 frames and one side of 2 frames! And most of the frames had some honey, nectar, larva and capped babies! 


I had to give them them a bit of a talking to because they had build a bunch of burr comb on the underside of the syrup feeder, which unfortunately I had to remove. All that time and effort to build comb in the wrong place....so sad! Hopefully they don't make this a habit because they were not happy with me for removing it! With all this gorgeous weather we've been having, they've been really busy which is fantastic because they'll build out the comb really quickly and get busy making the honey! :)

The other thing I did this weekend was make a card for this week's There She Goes challenge! We're being challenged by Trendsetter Wendy Price to do some paper piecing on our cards.
Easy right?? Yeah, so here's what I came up with...

Since it's almost Mother's Day, I wanted to make something for the special occasion. I used the When I Grow Up set and paper pieced the little girl's dress. I don't know about you, but if this dress was in my mum's wardrobe, I'd have put it on in a heartbeat! Apart from paper piecing her dress, I colored her skim, hair and shoes with my SU reinkers and Distress Inks. The layout was borrowed from this week's Retro Sketches challenge #62.


To be eligible for the giveaway, create a NEW card or project using paper piecing, and then come back to the TSG Blog to add your name and a link to your project in the InLinkz that is located at the bottom of this challenge post. This challenge is open until 11pm on Sunday(May 12th). The winner has been announced on the following Monday (May 13th), and will get a $5 gift certificate to use in the TSG Web store!

By participating in this challenge, you may also find yourself in the Trendsetting Spotlight that shines on the TSG Blog every Thursday. We will be on the lookout to find challenge cards that stand out and show Trendsetting qualities. TSG stamps are not required to participate in the challenges but are appreciated :) 

You do not need to have a blog to be able to participate in the TSG Challenges! You can simply add the URL link from your project after it has been uploaded to your online craft gallery. If you upload your card to an online craft gallery, please use the keyword TSG206 so we can check out your beautiful work!

 I hope you can join us this week! 
Toodles!


{Supplies}
{Stamps} There She Goes 'When I Grow Up'
{Papers} Bazzil Basics - Avalanche White, PTI Kraft Cardstock, Canson Manga Cardstock, PP - 
{Inks} StazOn 'Jet Black', SU's Creamy Caramel, Pretty In Pink, Distress Inks 'Antique Linen, Tea Dye and Black Soot'
{Access} Baker's Twine - Grey, PTI Half and Half Dies,  Adhesive Rhinestones, Sewing, Dimensionals

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails