DO witches have all the fun?

Thursday, October 16, 2008

If you've ever been in Salem, Massachussets around this time of the year, then you would probably agree! Salem was made famous by the witch trials held in 1692. Alot of mystery and hysteria surrounds those trials and still, to this day, people from all over the country decend upon Salem in October for a glimpse into this bizarre period in time. Which (hahhaha - excuse my pun!) brings me to the card I created for Wednesday's sketch challenge (SC198) on SCS!

I found this challenge tough because I don't naturally think of circles when I create a layout for one of my cards. So I spent about a hour just staring at my cardstock and patterened paper hoping some inspiration would jump out and clobber me over the head! ha ha

I knew I wanted to play with the blog candy that I won on the Doodle Factory/Starving Artists blog called 'Witches Brew'. It's been sitting on my desk for a few weeks now - uninked! Shame on me! ha! I watercolored and cut out two of every image on this card. Popped them with dimensionals and added the sentiment (which also comes with the set). I've definitely been on a paper tole and Halloween kick - can ya tell?!

Happy Thursday!

Supplies:
Stamps: Starving Artists/Doodle Factory 'Witches Brew'
Ink: StazOn, Vintage Violet, Pumpkin Pie, Morning Marigold, Distress Inks 'Black Soot, Tea Dye, Vintage Photo, Peeled Paint'
Paper: Bazzil CS, PP - Making Memories 'Noteworthy'

Access: Scrapworks brads, dimensionals, stickles

2 Comments:

Dawn said...

Another witchin' card! (hah! Get it?) You did a great job with that sketch!!

Don't worry, I still have my DF Halloween stamps uninked too.. =X There doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day to ink everything!

kadie said...

sooooooooooo stinkin cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails