There She Goes (Again!) Penguin Pals

Friday, July 20, 2012

Happy Friday sweet peeps!
Well, this week certainly flew by! Holy moley! It feels like it was just yesterday that I was folding the laundry and getting ready for the new week ahead. We're going camping with a few of my coworkers this weekend and believe it or not, I'm actually really excited! We're not traveling very far, which is perfect for our first time since we'll probably forget something! I'm looking forward to making another fun family memory for Syd. :)

If you're a There She Goes fan, then you know that the week before the new release sneak peeks, we like to spend a little time showing some love towards some of the older sets. We like to call this little revisit - There She Goes (Again)! This week we've had a Christmas In July theme going on, with the sets Penguin Pals, Snowy Days and Season's Greetings. Trendsetter Tobi Crawford has shared some of the design team's older cards with us on the TSG blog, and today you get to see a whole stack of new cards using these sets!

Here's what I did with the cute Penguin Pals set!


I colored the sweet Santa penguin in with my reinkers and aquapainter brush. I used SU's Morning Marigold and Really Rust for his beak, feet and buckle; Regal Rose and Ruby Red for his scarf, hat and bows on the presents; Creamy Caramel for his bag of pressies and Cool Caribbean for the sky/snow around him. The layout is loosely based on this week's Mojo sketch challenge (MOJO250).

I couldn't even tell you which company these Christmas papers came from because I've had them in my stash for so long! A wild guess would be Crate Paper. Have you seen the new Christmas paper sneak peeks from CHA this week?? Oh my! *swoon* I'm so in love with Basic Grey's Aspen Frost collection! I think I might even buy two pads of it, I'm THAT in love with it! lol Anyway....shall we go back to discussing the card?! lol

I sponged each layer with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and sewed them to my favorite 'black' cardstock - Bazzil Basics's - Bitter Chocolate. It might look a tad black in the photo, but it's really a rich brown color. It's my go-to matting cardstock now.


There She Goes is having a sale right now, so if you've been eyeing any sets, now would be a great time to get them! Don't forgot to pop on over to the TSG blog and check out what the rest of the Trendsetters have whipped up with these sets.

Have a great weekend everyone!


Supplies 
Stamps: TSG Penguin Pals
Papers: PTI Kraft Cardstock, Bazzil Basics - Bitter Chocolate, PP - Crate Paper??
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', SU's Creamy Caramel, Regal Rose, Ruby Red, Morning Marigold, Really Rust, Old Olive, Cool Caribbean, Distress Inks 'Vintage Photo'
Access: Spellbinders Circle Nestie, Vintage Seam Binding, PTI Button, Jute Twine, Stickles - Diamond, Sponges, Machine Stitching, Dimensionals

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails