TSG165: Christmas In July

Monday, July 16, 2012

Happy Monday morning everyone!

I hope you had a lovely weekend! Our was hot, humid but it cooled down Sunday evening when a big storm passed through. We've had such high temps lately that the rain was a welcomed relief! I was tired of being eaten alive by mosquitoes while watering my garden every day! My new Endless Summer Hydrangeas and lavender bushes are growing in nicely and we harvested our first vegetables from our garden yesterday! Two zucchinis! Yay! I can't believe they beat out the cherry tomatoes! I'm sure my little girl will be chowing down on those any day now. We think deer are helping themselves to our blueberries too...sneaky little buggers! I think we may have to cover them with netting next year.

I managed to make a card on Saturday during the stifling heat and it was a treat to make because, well....I think you can see why! 


Yes, I was wishing for snow while making this card! lol This week's There She Goes's Again challenge couldn't have come at a better time, because it's all about Christmas In July! Which I always found funny because in Australia, it always seemed like Christmas in July for us! :D

So it was a pleasure to pull out my Snowy Days and color this snowman image. I heat embossed the snowflakes from the set with white embossing powder, then sponged around them with SU's Cool Caribbean ink. Sometimes it hard to show the color white on image, so what I like to do is play up the background, like I did here with the sky. Since I used some blue for the sky, I used a tiny bit of SU's Going Gray for my 'white' shadows on the snowman and the snow below him. I've been hoarding this Christmas paper from Cosmo Cricket's Jolly By Golly collection for ages now. Hopefully I can get some of the fabulous new Christmas paper I've been seeing coming out of the CHA sneak peeks! Have you seen them? Soooo delicious!

Since this is a TSG challenge, here's our usual rules to follow:

To be eligible for the giveaway, create a card or project using the inspiration photo, and then come back to the TSG Blog to add your name and a link to your project in the InLinkz that is located at the bottom of this challenge post. This challenge is open until the winner has been announced on the following Monday (July 16th). The winner will get a $5 gift certificate to use in the TSG Web store!

By participating in this challenge, you may also find yourself in the Trendsetting Spotlight that shines on the TSG Blog every Thursday. We will be on the lookout to find challenge cards that stand out and show Trendsetting qualities. TSG stamps are not required to participate in the challenges but are appreciated :) 

You do not need to have a blog to be able to participate in the TSG Challenges! You can simply add the URL link from your project after it has been uploaded to your online craft gallery. If you upload your card to an online craft gallery, please use the keyword TSG165 so we can check out your beautiful work!

I hope you can play along with us this week!


Supplies
Stamps: There She Goes 'Snowy Days'
Papers: PTI Kraft Cardstock, Georgia Pacific cardstock, PP - Cosmo Cricket's Jolly By Golly collection
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Versamark Ink, SU's Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Old Olive, Going Gray, Regal Rose, Pumpkin Pie, Cool Caribbean, Distress Inks 'Antique Linen and Black Soot'
Access: Spellbinders Circle Nesties, MFT Medium Scalloped Border and Snowflake Dies, Bakers Twine - Maraschino, PTI Button - Cream and White, Stampendous Crystal Snow Glitter, Quickie Glue Pen, Stampendous White Embossing Powder, Sponges, Machine Stitching, Dimensionals

2 Comments:

StampingbugKerry said...

Adorable card! Love your paper selection and that cute, cute image!!!

Kerry

Theresa said...

This is so awesome. I just love that it looks like a snow globe. I love this set!! Too cute.

Related Posts with Thumbnails