TSG164: Sew! Sew! Sew!

Monday, July 9, 2012

Hi everyone!

I can't believe it's Monday already! Where did my weekend go? I did manage to cram a lot into it though. Got five or so cards done, worked in my garden, did the laundry, cleaned the house and even managed a trip to a local antique store. Didn't pick up anything this time. I'm on the hunt for a couple of things for our upstairs bathroom, but I'm not in any hurry. The best thing about antique stores is that there's always something new to check out every time you go. :)

One of the cards I did this weekend was this one for this week's There She Goes Challenge, TSG164. Wendy Ramlakhan is this week's featured Trendsetter, and she's challenging us to sew on our cards or projects.


Since I sew on all of my cards, I decided to do a little faux stitching instead. So I pulled out the In Stitches set and used the wet embossing technique to add a little ribbon detail across the base of the card. The stamp wasn't long enough to run the length I needed it to, so I stamped the cross stitches out twice, hiding any overlap under the main panel. Of course, I couldn't make a card without ANY real sewing on it, so I stitched the patterned paper to some Bazzil Bling cardstock and trimmed it with my decorative scissors and corner punch. The cute snowman is from the Warmest Wishes set, which comes with it's own dies to cut out the snowman! I left him white by just adding a bit of grey ink to the shadows case by his scarf and buttons. I just love how he turned out! The sentiment, also from the Warmest Wishes set, was wet embossed and heat set, just like the stitches. Lastly, I added the baker's twine and button to finish it off.

To be eligible for the giveaway, create a card or project using the inspiration photo and then come back to the TSG Blog to add your name and a link to your project in the InLinkz that is located at the bottom of this challenge post. This challenge is open until the winner has been announced on the following Monday (July 16th). The winner will get a $5 gift certificate to use in the TSG Web store!

By participating in this challenge, you may also find yourself in the Trendsetting Spotlight that shines on the TSG Blog every Thursday. We will be on the lookout to find challenge cards that stand out and show Trendsetting qualities. TSG stamps are not required to participate in the challenges but are appreciated :)

You do not need to have a blog to be able to participate in the TSG Challenges! You can simply add the URL link from your project after it has been uploaded to your online craft gallery. If you upload your card to an online craft gallery, please use the keyword TSG164 so we can check out your beautiful work!

I hope you play along with us this week!
Thanks for stopping by!


Supplies
Stamps: There She Goes 'Warmest Wishes' and 'In Stitches'
Papers: Canson Manga Cardstock, PTI Kraft Cardstock, Bazzil Bling - White Avalanche, PP - Crate Paper
Inks: Versamark Ink, StazOn 'Jet Black', SU's Going Gray, Soft Suede, Regal Rose, Pumpkin Pie
Access: TSG Warmest Wishes Die, Stampendous White Embossing Powder, EK Success Corner Punch, Fiskars Decorative Scissors, PTI Button - White, Bakers Twine - Cherry, Machine Stitching, Dimensionals

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails