DS94: Make A Wish!

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Good morning!

Thursday's here already and I have a fun card to share with you using this week's new Deconstructed Sketch! We're up to DS#94 already and this week's one has lots of fun elements in it!

DS94_BySandraMacLean
Don't you love it?! I really love working with asymmetrical sketches. I think the negative space really draws your eye to the main image. As you can probably already tell, I rotated the sketch 90 degrees so I could use a more vertical image. I also dug deep into my paper stash and pulled out this piece of Basic Grey paper from their Nook & Pantry collection. It's hard to imagine that I still have any of this paper left! But honestly, so patterns are so hard to use and I never found the right layout or stamp for this piece....until now! (I think!)

I paired it with the Francesca stamp from Kraftin Kimmie Stamps and a sentiment from Stamping Bella. I colored her with my SU reinkers...if you look closely, you'll see that I can't always prevent my inks from bleeding into one another! Shhh! Don't tell anyone! Each panel had it's edges sponged with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and stitched to cardstock....except the oval panel which was sponged with Tea Dye and Vintage Photo and not stitched! Just to be a little different! :)

Here's the sketch show the right way around!


And here's a list of blogs you should definitely check out for more inspiration!

I hope you can join us this week! Thanks for popping in!


{Supplies}
{Stamps} Kraftin Kimmie 'Francesca' and sentiment from Stamping Bella
{Papers} Bazzil Basics, Canson Manga Cardstock, PP - Basic Grey's Nook & Pantry Collection
{Inks} StazOn 'Jet Black', SU's Creamy Caramel, Pretty In Pink, Close To Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Wasabi Green, Regal Rose and various other colors
{Access} Spellbinders Oval Nestie, EK Success Corner Punch, Sponges, Sewing, Bakers Twine, Heart Button - Recollections (Michaels), Dimensionals

6 Comments:

KimCreate said...

Wow, wow, wow! This is fantastic. I have that same paper and have been trying to use it. LOVE how you rotated the sketch. The brown paper is the perfect backdrop for the KK stamps. Love it!

Jen Shults said...

This is wonderful! I still have this paper pad (and this piece of paper) and I have no idea how to use it but I love how it works here. I'm glad to here you like the sketch. :) I like this type too - they are hard to come up with but I love how the look when they work. :)

Judy Rozema said...

Oh my goodness, your coloring is just divine!! Love this!

Julie M said...

Fab card, Sandra. Like other commenters, I also still have that difficult paper and have yet to use it!! The brown and yellow ground the busy pattern perfectly, and I love your colouring (blotchy strawberries and all!!!).

Julie :o)

Unknown said...

Hi, this card is beautiful. I love the patterned paper so much, and the look on the girls face is so comical. :) I've not had a chance to make a card ever yet, I hope I can make something this lovely when I finally do. :)
Sara :)

Sheri Gilson said...

Fab card, Sandra! Love the colors and your fabulous coloring!

Related Posts with Thumbnails