TSG197: Black Cardstock

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Hi everyone!
I hope you all had a lovely weekend. I came down with some stomach cramps on Saturday, so I pretty much laid around on the couch all day. But I was productive! I managed to hand sew the all the layers together of the mini quilt for my little girl's AG doll bed. Ad for the last few days, I've been hand stitching the binding on, so hopefully I'll have a finished product to share with you this Saturday! I don't know how you all do those big quilts! It would take me FOREVER to finish one! lol

Other than the quilt, I also managed to make a card for this week's There She Goes challenge #197 - which is to only use black cardstock for your layering. If you're anything like me, you probably gasped at the challenge! The idea of a totally black card freaked me out! So I decided to wait for a few of the other Trendsetters to post their cards before making mine! Hey! Just because I'm a trendsetter, doesn't mean I can't follow! LOL

TSGOutOfThisWorld_bySandraMacLean

So that's what I did. I waited and much to my relief, most of the girls used black to mat their layers, not exclusively! Phew! I can do that! Hahaha

I pulled out a set I haven't used yet...the Out Of This World set designed by Melyssa Connolly and whipped up this cute boy birthday card (because I need a few cards just for the guys!). I colored in the spaceship with my Going Gray (SU) reinker and adhered it to a panel that I sponged using SU's Buckaroo Blue and Distress Inks 'Broken China, Weathered Wood and Black Soot'. The sentiment is also from the Out Of This World set and it was stamped with Versamark Ink (once the sponged ink had dried), white embossing powder applied to it, then heat set. It made the sentiment pop, didn't it? The layout was perfect for this set too...it's this week's Retro Sketches Challenge #53.

There's still time to play along with us this week, so get your stamps out and get inkin'!


Thanks for popping in today!


{Supplies}
{Stamps} There She Goes 'Out Of This World'
{Papers} Bazzil Basics - Avalanche White, Black Cardstock, PP - Basic Grey's 'Oliver Collection'
{Inks} Stazon 'Jet Black', SU's Going Gray, Morning Marigold, Pumpkin Pie and Really Rust, Old Olive, Versamark Ink - Clear, Distress Inks 'Broken China, Weathered Wood, Black Soot'
{Access} PTI Buttons, Stampendous White Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Sponges, Dimensionals

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails