Going in circles?

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Found some time last night to play the Wednesday sketch challenge on SCS! I don't always play but this sketch was really versatile and I started playing with ideas in my head all day yesterday! The sketch is below:For my card, I flipped the sketch on it's side because I knew I wanted to ink up my spider stamp I got from Rubbernecker a couple of months ago. I really love how this card came together, don't you? (Nod your head and say yes!) The patterned paper was something I picked up last year at Michaels and it plays sooo nicely with SU's Pumpkin Pie and Morning Marigold! I sponged the edges of the two orange pieces with Distress Inks (DI) from Tim Holtz. Stamped the web, sentiment and spider in DI 'Black Soot'. When the web was dry, I traced over it with my quikie glue pen and sprinkled Martha Stewarts black glitter over it to add a bit of sparkle! And boy does that glitter sparkle!!! I didn't like how flat the spider looked, so I went back and added black ep on his body.

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!

Supplies:
Stamps: Rubbernecker
spider and sentiment, Starving Artists Doodle Factory web
Ink: Distress Inks, Versamark
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Morning Marigold, Bazzil CS, PP - unknown from Michaels
Access: Ribbon, Doodlebug brads, MS black glitter, black EP

3 Comments:

Judy aka JAM123 said...

Terrific halloween card, Sandra. Love how you turned the sketch on its side. The image and sentiment are too cute! Great job as usual!

kadie said...

oooooh, yes, I DO feel like I'm going in circles ;) Great card. I'm always in awe of your distressing-ink skills. It's a great technique and really adds to this card. I gotta get me some of that Martha Stewart sparkle now too...adding to my wish list!

Kristi said...

What a perfect card...I love it...That saying is too funny...bwaaahaaa

Related Posts with Thumbnails