Under one hour!

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

There are lots of things you can do in one hour. For example I can paint my toe nails, bake a cake, pay some bills, dress my 3 year old, and even clean my tiny apartment. However, before this morning, I would have swore black and blue that there is NO WAY I could create a card in under an hour! I spend at least 45 minutes coloring an image and for me, picking out paper always an internal debate! I'll find the perfect paper in my stash then spend the next half an hour trying to convince myself that it's ok to cut it up! Hi. My name is Sandra, and I'm a paper hoarder! LOL

So this morning I woke up at 6am (from a crazy dream!) and remembered that today was Sketch Challenge day on SCS. I fired up the computer and peeked in at today's challenge, SC199. Now what happened in the next few moments, I don't know....but somehow I convinced myself in my sleepy stupor that I could actually make a card before going to work!!? Huh??


Fast forward one hour later and presto! One quick card! I was debating on whether to show you gals or not because it hasn't been hummed and haaed over by me for hours, but it's still a card in it's own right and for a one hour card it's pretty darn good! (Trust me when I say that I'm still shocked that I had this much energy and creative umph before work!)

The stamp is a Sarah Kay image put out by Stampavi. The detail on these stamps is amazing! I watercolored her as usual with SU inks and pulled a few patterned papers out of my stash that matched.

I might just do another card tonight to show you what a 3 hour card looks like! LOL

Supplies:
Stamps: Stampavi 'Sarah Kay - Rose's Garden', MFT
sentiment
Inks: Archival Brilliance 'graphite black', Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, True Thyme, Buckaroo Blue, Distress Inks 'Tattered Rose'
Paper: Bazzil Bling, My Mind's Eye 'Blossom - Mi Amore', Chatterbox Scrapbook Walls 'Rosey Flowering Vine', Dream Street 'Everyday Celebrations - xoxo'
Access: Prima flower, Making Memories bling brad, circle punches and dimensionals

5 Comments:

karen said...

Oh you mean woman!
I'm so jealous of what you can create. You are so talented. I *heart* your cards!

I can't belive you colored and sprung that gorgeous card, AND took a picture of it, AND uploaded the picture before you went to work! Were you late? HAHA

Anonymous said...

OMG, Sandra! This is so pretty and you did that amazing colored image, picked out the perfect coordinated paper and all the elements and put it all together in one hour?!! Wow! I am impressed.

Anonymous said...

Uh-Ohhhhhh ...
We might be related.
I have the same issues with projects that are finished sooner than the norm. Please don't tell me that you're teasing!!
I love it! Such a sweet & lovely creation! (No teasing .. pinkie-swear!!)

Anonymous said...

Ooops ... above comment was mine ... slipppery fingers on the input! hahaha

~Bev

Mary Giles said...

I think I have met Wonder Woman and her name is Sandra! I can't believe you did this in under an hour and in a sleep stupor. It is sooo cute. I think that would be my 3 hour card and it wouldn't come out as cute.

Related Posts with Thumbnails