A Rockin Mermaid or two!

Sunday, October 26, 2008

I stayed up late last night because my daughter was (and still is) battling a high fever. I wanted to be somewhat coherent in case she woke up. So I ended up stamping out a bunch of Anya's and coloring them up. And let me tell you - it's a LOT of fun!

I'm really kicking myself now that I didn't get any more of Pink Poison's stamps when I put in that order. You guys are probably going to be sick of seeing the only two I have by the end of the week! :) I promise to space them out!

Today I'm showing you three cards I made last night.

Meet Rockstar Anya! Isn't she the coolest thing!? One of the main reason's I got her was because my daughter likes to do the 'rock on' sign with her fingers. It's sooo funny to hear a 3 year old say "Rock On!" hahaha

I colored her up with my trusty aquapainter and SU inks again and sponged the edges of the watercolor paper with the same Pretty in Pink and Real Red colors that I used on Anya herself. When I pick out my patterned paper, I love putting high contrasting colors together for the 'POP' value. Black definitely makes the hot pink POP! To add the sentiment, I borrowed from the fabulous style of Paula over at Paper Possibilities.


My next card showcases the sweetest little Anya yet! Meet Mermaid Anya. And can anyone guess why I had to have her?? Yes, my daughter LOVES her Disney Princesses at the moment and Ariel is da bomb at our house! Hahaha

This is a nice and simple layout but I think the rich purples make this card stand out more.

Again, Anya is colored up with my aquapainter but this time I used chalk inks. They create a soft color intensity and I think Mermaid Anya is much more gentler than her Rockstar alter ego!

I did use SU's Vintage Violet on her shell and fin because I didn't have a darker purple in the chalk inks. The patterned paper is faux stitched and edged with some purple cs cut with decorative scissors.

I thought that a white tag was going to be too intense for the card, so I watercolored it with Creamy Caramel, sponged the edges in Distress Inks 'Tea Dye' and stamped the sentiment in purple.

My last Rockstar Anya card for today. Don't you just LOVE her blue hair?? I wish I could pull off that hair but with my curly hair, I'd end up looking more like a Brat doll than a rockstar! LOL

This card was inspired by the stunning work of Faith Hofrichter and her unique style of edging her layers in stippling or dots. She also happens to be on the Pink Poison Design Team!

I instantly thought of using stars and this glitter paper from Michaels when I ordered this stamp.

Normally I would use the glitter paper as an accent on a card and not as background paper, but this paper screams rockstar, so I decided to use it up front and only added some eyelets and silver cord for the finishing touch.

Honestly, I couldn't decide where or what to add as a sentiment, so I just left this card 'sentiment-less' on the front. I will probably make it into a birthday card and add a sentiment to the inside.

Ok, so that's it from me today. I'm off to get some rest while my daughter is sleeping too - Sunday naps are the best! ;)

Toodles,
Sandra

Supplies:

Card 1
Stamps: Pink Poison/Splendid Little Company "Rockstar Anya", MFT sentiment
Inks: Archival Brilliance 'graphite black', Pretty In Pink, Real Red, Creamy Caramel, Distress Inks 'Black Soot'
Paper: Bazzil cs, Canson Watercolor paper, Georgia Pacific cs, PP - Crate Paper
Access: Ribbon, Scrapworks brads, dimensionals, Stickles

Card 2
Stamps: Pink Poison/Splendid Little Company "Mermaid Anya", MFT sentiment
Inks: Archival Brilliance 'graphite black', Vintage Violet, Creamy Caramel, Certain Celery, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink 'Warm Violet and Wisteria' , Distress Inks 'Tea Dye'

Paper: Bazzil cs, Canson Watercolor paper, The Paper Studio cs, PP - DCWV 'Old World' stack
Access:Ribbon, dimensionals, Stickles, circle punchs and decorative scissors


Card 3
Stamps: Pink Poison/Splendid Little Company "Rockstar Anya"
Inks: Archival Brilliance 'graphite black', Cool Caribbean, Buckaroo Blue, Creamy Caramel, Distress Inks 'Black Soot'
Paper: Bazzil cs, Georgia Pacific cs, Canson Watercolor paper, PP - The Paper Studio (from Michaels)
Access: Making Memories Eyelets, silver cord, Fiskars star punch, signo pen, dimensionals

6 Comments:

Kimberly said...

These images are too cute. Love what you did with them.

Anonymous said...

Sandra, your Pink Poison Anya cards are so cute! Love how you've colored them, so darling. And speaking of darling, your DD sure is. What a cute costume. So sorry she got sick. Hope she's feeling better soon and that you don't get the bug too.

Carolyn Bounds said...

Your cards are totally ROCKIN'!!!! Anya is just too darn cute! Of course, your flawless watercoloring and awesome layouts really bring her to life:O] Fabulous cards, Sandra!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Catherine said...

Hi Sandra!
These are the cutest, rockin-est cards ever! Your coloring is so amazing!!!

Lorie said...

Sandra, these Anya cards are fabulous!! I know you're just probably sooo tired of hearing it, but everyone is right!! Your coloring is amazing!!! I love your creativity!! You are such an inspiration!!

Basement Stamper said...

These cards are amazing! I love your coloring and the colors you chose for these stamps are perfect!

Related Posts with Thumbnails