Sneak Peek: Small Dogs - Retro Set

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Hello on this quiet Sunday evening!

We went to the local fair last night and didn't get home till late. Couple that with the fact that I stayed up trying to finish my Greeting Farm blog hop card until 4am that morning; I was wiped out! I think I'm finally caught up on my sleep and spent today doing the laundry. I also made a couple of cards using the set being 're released' and showcased this month. So without further ado, introducing...

Small Dog Breeds!

I love how this card turned out! It's simple, but I didn't want to cover up that awesome paper from We R Memory Keepers! The layout came from Jen Del Muro's (I Heart 2 Stamp) Sketch For You To Try. You might recognise that rocking chair the little chihuahua is sitting on. It's from one of my favorite Hanna Stamps sets, Granny Hanny! I stamped the little chihuahua out first, then masked him off with a post it note, then stamped the rocking chair over the top of it. The sentiment is from a Studio G $1 stamp I've had for a while.

My second card showcases the pug from the Small Breeds set and the brand new floorboards background rubber stamp also being released tomorrow night after the release party (which starts at 9pm EST in the Hanna Stamps SCS forum. It's sooooo nice to be able to just stamp out the floorboards instead of drawing them by hand! I know you are going to love them too! I used this week's Mojo Sketch #97 for this layout.

Thanks for stopping by tonight. Tomorrow I hope to have another peek at a new Riley being released as well. Enjoy your evening!

Supplies
Card 1
Stamps: Hanna Stamps! 'Small Breeds Dog' and 'Granny Hanny', Studio G $1 Stamps
Inks: Creamy Caramel, Distress Inks 'Tea Dye and Vintage Photo'
Papers: Canson Watercolor, Bazzil Basics, PP - We R Memory Keepers 'Grandma's Collection'
Access: Circle Punches, Circle Nestibilities, Dimensionals

Card 2
Stamps: Hanna Stamps! 'Small Breeds Dog' and 'Floor Boards Background', Karen Foster Snap Stamps
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Soft Sky, Distress Inks 'Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Vintage Photo and Black Soot'
Papers: Canson Watercolor, Bazzil Basics, PP - The Paper Loft 'Spring Fling Collection - Flower Pot'
Access: Ribbon, Bone Charm, Jump Ring, Robins Nest Dew Drops 'Dark Vanilla', EK Success Corner Punch, Dimensionals, Sponges

8 Comments:

~amy~ said...

cute, cute, cute!!!

Elena said...

They are so cute! Love the paper on the first oen, and your idea with the folded corner on the second card!

kadie said...

doggies!!! Cool! I love how you attached that charm to the second one...so creative!

Lorie said...

Oh my! I can't begin to tell you how much I love these!! You know how I love my little doggies, and I'm thinking I need to party tomorrow night and snap these little babies up! Awesome cards, as always, Sandra!!

daisy said...

those pugs just looks so cute!

hugs
daisy

Mary Giles said...

I don't remember ever seeing the little doggies. They must be waaaay retro. Those background stamps are a must have. You did a fabulous job on both cards and I love your interpretation on the photo corner in the mojo sketch. Brilliant!

Juls said...

these are both just beautiful - love the simple elegance!

Anonymous said...

super card! And yes the floorboards as a stamp is an amazing idea...

Related Posts with Thumbnails