You Color My World

Friday, August 28, 2009

Good Morning!! :)

Since I'll be showing you sneak peeks to the Hanna Stamps September sets next week, I had to show you one last card using this month's set 'Painter Hanna'. Today's Hanna Stamps challenge (HSC83) is being hosted by the amazing talented Jeanne Streiff. She's challenging us to create a birthday card since it's her mum's birthday today. Happy Birthday Mama!

This birthday card is a little out of the ordinary, but sometimes that's a good thing. My mum still colors my world even from tens of thousands of miles away! I used 4 out of the 8 stamps from this set for this card. Can you spot them? There are a couple of different images you can stamp inside the canvas which makes this set pretty versatile. I used this week's Unscripted Sketches layout for the basis of this card. Love their sketches!

I watercolored this scene on some Strathmore Bristol Vellum paper and I loooove how well it takes the ink! The word 'vellum' only describes the slight texture to the paper. It's not that semi transparent type of vellum paper. It's a 100lb weight cardstock so it's nice and thick. It's also pretty smooth and must have some sizing in it because it doesn't pill or absorb ink as fast as Georgia Pacific cardstock or Whisper White does. You can find it at Michaels in the drawing pads and canvas aisle.

Be on the lookout for another post from me this morning and I have some candy up for grabs!! :D


Supplies
Stamps: Hanna Stamps! 'Painter Hanna', Karen Foster Snap Stamps
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Creamy Caramel, Really Rust, Close To Cocoa, Not Quite Navy, So Saffron, More Mustard, Old Olive, Regal Rose, Ruby Red, Perfect Plum, Sahara Sand, Cool Caribbean, Distress Inks 'Tea Dye & Vintage Photo'
Papers: Strathmore 'Bristol Vellum', Bazzil Basics, PP - Basic Grey 'Marrakech Collection - Cardamon'
Access: Ribbon, Circle Punches, Paper Piercer, Sponges, Dimensionals

7 Comments:

~amy~ said...

neat-o card Sandra!!!! Happy Friday sista!!

Liz said...

It's a gorgeous card thanks for playing

Sarah said...

When I saw the way you spelled Mum..I had to check your profile...I thought no one from the US spells it that way ha ha...I am from the UK...now living and belonging to the USA!!!
LOVE your card it is just so beautiful
Thanks for playing along with us at Unscripted!

Ann Kranitz said...

What a fun and playful birthday card. LOVE you coloring.

Beth aka BR-T said...

AMAZING card thank you for sharing your gift with US! Beth aka BR-T

Cindy Haffner said...

Hanna looks so good, awesome job.

Linda Beeson said...

The coloring on here is just amazing! I so love the strong colors you picked.

Related Posts with Thumbnails