Sweetie Pie

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Good Morning!

I have been flat out like a lizard drinking at work this week. We've been working on recreating a computer model of a building built in 1858 here in town and every time I think I have enough measurements to make the model work, something else doesn't add up! I feel like a dog chasing his tail! It's really starting to drive me crazy.

A few weeks back I was kindly sent some Whiff Of Joy images from my friend Jenn. I've seen these stamps all over blogland and SCS, but I've never colored one in before...until now. And wholey cow - have I been missing out! This little girl, Willow, was so much fun to color! I think I used every Distress Ink pad I own to color her. Totally worth it though.

The sketch came from this week's Friday Sketchers challenge. I used what Prima flowers I had, but I wish I had the pretty, colorful ones that I see so often. Got to use up what I own first. That might take a while. ;)

Good any plans for the weekend? Other than cleaning my car, I don't think we have anything going on, for a change. Sometimes that's a nice thing. See you tomorrow!

Supplies
Stamps: Whiff Of Joy
'Willow With Flower Basket'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Creamy Caramel, Soft Sky, Sahara Sand, Pretty In Pink, Distress Inks 'Peeled Paint, Frayed Burlap, Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Firebrick Red
Papers: PTI White, Bazzil Basics, Bazzil Bling, PP - K&Company 'Classic K Charlotte'
Access: Ribbon, Foof-Fa-La Buttons 'Savannah', PTI Rustic Button Twine, Prima Flowers, Kaiser Adhesive Pearls, Oval and Scalloped Oval Nestibilities, Machine Stitching, Sponges, Dimensionals

16 Comments:

Danielle said...

Just beautiful! Gorgeous image and it's so perfect on this fabulous FS sketch! The papers and colours are just lovely!
Hugs, Danielle

karen said...

Oh NO! I'll never be able to color another Whiff image again! I wont be worthy!

ACK!!

GORGEOUS card Sandra! I can't believe you haven't ever colored in a Whiff... if anyone can make the image come to life, darling, its you!

XOXO

JenRaff said...

Stunningly Gorgeous!!!!!!
You created an amazing card -- I just think its so beautiful!!!

Helen said...

This is beautiful - your colouring is fabulous!
Helen x

kadie said...

This is absolutely beautiful...I just don't know how you do it all. You're amazing!

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous Sandra! Such a pretty image!! xx

Jacilynn said...

sigh... will I ever learn to color like you? You are awesome. I love your coloring. Great card Sandra!

Michele Roos said...

Beautiful card. Love the image you've used and your colouring also. Pretty papers and details to. Hugs Michele x

Mary Giles said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Your coloring is amazing and the sketch showcases this cutie perfectly.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Oh my Sandra is this ever Charming!! Your coloring, as usual, is fabulous! Love what you've done with this sketch, image and papers!!

Cardmaking Galore said...

Jsut stunning! Your colouring is perfect and the papers are fab too

Jane Wetzel said...

Oh Sandra..awesome coloring on this cute image! :)

Diana Mancuso said...

This card is beautiful!

Juls said...

gorgeous! Love the layout, and the soft colours you have used! The image is just so sweet, I love how you have coloured it and inked the edge of the mat, and I also love the stitching detail!! Just fab!

Rebecca Ednie said...

Ok, I have to ask, what is with the drinking lizard expression. That has to be an Aussie one 'cause I'm totally lost! The card is gorgeous but I can't get over the expression!

Cassie said...

holy cow she's gorgeous!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails