Farm Fresh Friday Challenge Time!

Friday, May 7, 2010

Hello peeps!

Are you ready for another Farm Fresh Friday challenge from The Greeting Farm?? Excellent! Because this week's challenge is a SKETCH! It's brought to us by our fabulous farmer, Cindy Haffner! Head over to the TGF blog to check it out, but before you do, here's what I did with it!


I tweaked the sketch and made my card a 5.5"x5.5" square instead of the standard A2 size. I also changed up the square center panel and used a Labels Four nestie instead. Sweet Harold was colored up with my reinkers and aquapainter brush. I get my images printed up at my local Staples store because they have a large b/w laser printer that accepts Georgia Pacific cardstock and it doesn't bleed when I watercolor. The only thing is that I have to color very quickly when I color on GP cardstock because it soaks up the ink very fast.

It's definitely a toss up on whether I like Basic Grey paper more then My Mind's Eye paper, but for this card, I thought BG's Nook and Pantry paper suited Harold and his jam sandwich better. I used SU's Going Gray on his body and Old Olive on his outfit. The slice of bread was colored with Creamy Caramel and Regal Rose for the jam. As I do with all my Marina Neira/TGF images, I added some Glossy Accents to her eyes to make them shine.

Here are the links to check out what the Farmer's and Critter Crew created for today's challenge:

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you have a fantastic Friday and your weekend is filled with fun things! Be on the look out for another special post from me! :)


Supplies
Stamps:
The Greeting Farm
'Harold Bread digi stamp'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Going Gray, Pretty In Pink, Regal Rose, Ruby Red, Creamy Caramel, More Mustard, Sahara Sand, Old Olive, Cool Caribbean, Distress Inks 'Black Soot'
Papers: Georgia Pacific, Bazzil Basics, PP - Basic Grey 'Nook and Pantry Collection'
Access: Ribbon, Spellbinders Label Four Nestibilities, Rangers Glossy Accents, Machine Stitching, Sponges, Dimensionals

9 Comments:

Unknown said...

sandra...now this is pure cuteness! great papers, stitching, and i love that you used another shape other than the plain square...wish i had thought of that! LOL! that little koala is colored perfectly, and i love the double-ribbon look! great job!

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohhh Sandra, just the SWEETEST!!

Heather Schlatter said...

Sandra,

When I saw this card on the TGF blog this morning I was totally blown away it looks gorgeous and the papers are just so whimsical and fun and the layout so so cute!!! I love your coloring too as always!!!

Way to go girl!!!

Heather

Jen Shults said...

Oh he looks fabulous! I love your paining... you can not tell even slightly that you had to work quickly. I love your tweaks to the sketch! Fabulous work. :D Hugs!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Simply GORGEOUS. LOVE that BG paper and your coloring on sweet Mr. Harold. Thanks for your sweet email-I have yet to respond but my reader is causing me hives at 335. I try to keep up with it esp before the weekend,s LOL!!!!

Judy McMullen said...

Sandra, this is absolutely adorable! Your watercoloring is amazing!! Sure wish I could take some lessons from you!

kadie said...

CA-UTE! I really love your take on this sketch with using the diff shaped nestie instead of a square. I love also how you've broken up the PP and stiched around the border. Stunning. I'm in awe of how you can get a machine to do that so perfectly...my only best bet for perfect stitching is to do it by hand! Beautiful work!

JenRaff said...

Perfect -- as always! Your amazing!

Kim said...

This is such a cool interpretation of the sketch, great papers too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails