Wanna Play?

Monday, April 20, 2009

A happy Monday morning to you all!

I wanted to just take a moment to say thank you to everyone who stopped by and left a sweet comment about me Featured Cupcake Sampler day last Friday. It truly meant a lot to me and I feel so blessed. Thank you. :D

So as you may or may not know, I'm currently in Minnesota (Warroad- near the Canadian border) at the moment looking very interested in the making of windows.....*clears throat*! But we did go to a glass factory where they make sheet glass which was really interesting! I'm such a geek sometimes! hahaha

Anyway, I made this card Friday night and photographed it Saturday morning before I drove to the airport - I'm a crazy woman! Every Friday Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge is released and her DT take turns hosting the challenge. This week's gracious host and (who's blog I love to stalk!) is Lori Craig.

I used this stamp from Doggone Stamps because it leant itself perfectly to this sketch, WSC77. The part that took the longest was watercoloring the Lab. I found it hard to create a lot of depth with the brown inks. I had to apply the Close to Cocoa in layers and wait until they were completely dry before adding the Chocolate Chip as my darkest layer of color. I added some black for his nose and called it quits.

Blog Hop Alert!!

If you haven't seen my little golden retriever button in the left hand column, Doggone Stamps is having a blog stroll this Saturday, April 25th. If you have stamps from DGS and would like to play along, head over to this thread on our PCP site and sign yourself up! (Mary, I know you have some! LOL) We will start the blog over at the talented Lauri Ingram's blog, so head there on Saturday morning at 10am EST.

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope Monday isn't too horrible for you!

Supplies
Stamps: Doggone Stamps 'Black Lab', sentiment by Karen Foster Snap Stamps
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Close To Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Certain Celery, Old Olive, Sahara Sand
Papers: Canson Watercolor, Kraft cs, Bazzil cs, PP - Basic Grey 'Archaic Collection - Bygone Plaid'
Access: Ribbon, buttons, dimensionals

9 Comments:

Mary Giles said...

I feel my arm being twisted...go easy will yeah! I'm still recovering from Club Anya, but I will go check it out. In fact I have do have some doggones that need some attention. Love how you colored this Sandra...I found it hard to get the dark shadows in too, but I used copics. The blue paper and that clear button treatment is perfect.

Anonymous said...

Your coloring is fabulous, Sandra! This little guy makes me want to get a dog to spoil!!

Jacilynn said...

Great card Sandra! Can't wait to see ya at the blog hop Sat.
Hugs,
Jacilynn

Danni said...

Your coloring is out of the world!! Seriously, you rock!!
Wonderful card!

Elena said...

Your watercoloring is gorgeous! Really, it is out of the world!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Awwwww...now this is just too cute!! Love that little ball in front of his nose...what a good dog, showing such restraint!!

Heather Schlatter said...

Sandra he is way way way too stinking cute!! I love that stamp and your coloring is jaw dropping!! Awesome girl!!!

Heather

Lori Craig said...

Love that little guy - coloring ROCKs. Great card! :)

Lorie said...

Wow!! This looks just like my Louie dog! He's a 100 lb. gimpy chocolate lab, and such a big baby! Dog Gone stamps are great, and you do wonderful things with them when you watercolor! I love this!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails