The Citrus Birthday Fairy!

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Yes, today is my little baby's 4th birthday. I can't really call her a baby any more. At three, you can still get away with it, but now that she's 4, she's a big kid now. That's what she tells me anyway. :) She keeps measuring herself to show me how much she's grown because..."I can play soccer with the big girls Mama." *tearing up* My little girl is growing up!

So in honor of my 'little one', here is the birthday card I created especially for her.

It has all the things she loves on it; Tinkerbell, fruit and lots of sparkles! Her card just so happens to tie in with this week's Twinkling Tuesday challenge. It's an inspiration one: Citrus! My little girl is nuts about her fruit! Whether it be berries, lemons, oranges or grapes. Whatever the fruit, she'll eat it till the cows come home!

So I immediately pulled this small matt pad from K&Company aptly named 'Citronella' and one of her favorite stamps in my collection - Fairy Tink from The Greeting Farm and went to work. I have been so inspired lately by the work of the Top 5 girls in the 2sketches4you Ultimate Card Showdown challenge that I channeled some of their creativity to create this starburst look behind Tink. The card also happens to use the Weekend Sketch Challenge WSC86.

If you'd like to play along with Madelynn's Twinkling Challenge this week, just create your card, upload it somewhere, and leave a comment on this week's Twinkling Tuesday blog post. If you upload it to SCS or PCP, just use the keyword MTTSC29. This week, our hostess with the mostest is the super talented Janna Hull!

Last but not least, I did promise you a picture of my little 'big' girl. :) She is our Tinkerbelle in every way, shape and form.


Happy Birthday Sydney!!


Supplies
Stamps: The Greeting Farm 'Fairy Tink', PaperTrey Ink 'Paper Tray'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Creamy Caramel, Pretty In Pink, Morning Marigold, Certain Celery, Cool Caribbean
Papers: Canson Watercolor, Bazzil Basics, Core' dinations ColorCore Cardstock, PP - K&Company 'Citronella' and 'Que Sera Sera'
Access: Ribbon, Circle Nestibilities, Paper Piercer, Dimensionals, Stickles

23 Comments:

Mary Giles said...

Sandra what a cute card for an absolutely cute kiddo. I know what you mena about calling them "my baby" luckily I still have about a year to get a way with it. I love the sun burst and the whole story of the different elements and inspiration to your card.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SYDNEY!

~amy~ said...

Yipes! I LOVE it!!!!! Your card is over the top a-dorable and so is your girl...sweet, sweet, sweet Sandra...btw, my kids are 11 & 14 and I call them my babies :)

kadie said...

Ahhhh, Syd is getting so grown up!! I know she's sitting in that pic but she looks taller! Happy Happy Bday to Little Miss! Mama, you did a brilliant job with this card!! It is Outstanding!! LOVE ALL OF IT!!

Heather P. said...

She's ADORABLE!! Happy birthday, Sydney! :)

Love the card you made for her!

April said...

Happy Birthday Sydney!!! Love the card Mom!!! It is CUTE!!! My oldest turns 4 in four months too!! I know how you feel...sniffle. I hope your family has a wonderful time celebrating the Big Girl Birthday today!!!

Lulu said...

Aww... Sydney is so cute!!! Happy Birthday!!!!! :)

Love the card too..

Tab said...

Happy Birthday Sydney, sweetie! Hope that you have a fab day, honey!

Absolutely gorgeous card hun, just love the image and the citrus colours! Your little Tinkerbell, is adorable, so happy!
Hugs Tab xxx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Sandra, love the cute image and your beautiful colouring. Hope Sydney has a wonderful birthday. Hugs Nikki x

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is seriously the CUTEST card I've seen w/ these fairy stamps OMG! LOVE HER!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to show Madelynn!!!!

Rebecca Ednie said...

Seriously? She eats lemons?? So does Jameson!! Only he eats the whole thing, including the PEEL! We gave him one as a baby as a joke figuring he'd make a cute yucky face and next thing we knew it was gone!! Still does it! love your card. The citrus paper is really sweet and the starburst thing is really neat!

Christi Flores said...

First off, happy birthday to Sidney!! Second, your card is perfect! I love that dp!

Darla said...

What a beautiful card. It looks like a lot of work - and it's fabulous! You did a great job of incorporating the citrus into the card. Happy birthday to your sweet little gal!

Catherine said...

Super cute card, Sandra! HB Wishes for Syd!

Jamee said...

your birthday card and your daughter are so cute :)

Tracey said...

A beautiful card Sandra! Happy birthday to your girl - she's adorable!

Saskia said...

Beautiful card for your gorgeous girl!!!

Saskia :)

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Hope you had a great day yesterday, your daugther is a cute little girl! Sadley I don't have children of my own but I'm an auntie for Joery (boy - 8 ) and Loraine and Samira (twingirls - 4). And boy, do they grow up fast!
Love the card you made! Especialy the starburst look.

Sunny regards, Renata

Elena said...

Happy Belated Birthday to your very cute daughter, Sandra!
Love the card you made!!!

Lisa said...

Your card is so sweet! & happy b-day to your baby! Yes, to me 4 is a little baby snuggly baby still... my son turned 18 in February and he will always be my baby even though he is WAY taller than me and has a scratchy face lol ;)

karen said...

AWW!! She is just adorable!!
Thanks for sharing her with us!

The card is of course your usual masterpiece!

XOXO

Kim R said...

Your card is so sweet. You did a great job with the challenge.

Your little girl is so cute. I hope she had a great birthday. My babies are 8 and 7. They will always be my babies. Although they don't like when I call them my babies!!

Cassie said...

oh sandra! this is great!! that sunburst and then the pop of that black ribbon! yummy!

p.s. be sure to stop by the MSB blog tomorrow - www.modernsugarblvd.blogspot.com

Heather Schlatter said...

Well I know I have been MIA for way to long, but I have vowed this week to get back to commenting on regularly on those blogs I enjoy the most at the very least!!!

Sandra your little girl is adorable and reminds me of my own kids with that white blond hair!!!

Now for your AMAZING creation!!! Wow, so so great and so pretty and creative and so so so so perfect for this weeks inspiration!!!

Sandra every time I come here your current creation becomes my favorite you really are one of the most talented stampers out there!!!!


I really have missed coming by and commenting on all your lovely creations !!!!

Heather Schlatter

Related Posts with Thumbnails