Best Wishes

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Good Morning and Happy Valentines Day!!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. We were very busy with the family again. On Saturday, The Man took my dad and brother on a tour of some breweries in the Vermont area, while the little one and I went to her dance class. Then we spent the afternoon making pulled pork and Mac 'n' Cheese for dinner. Sunday we went out for breakfast, then my In-laws took my family to visit the Yankee Candle factory in Massachusetts. Oh, and I made a couple of cards too. :) This week they're headed to NYC on their own then we're taking them to Boston on the weekend. It's amazing what you can squeeze into a three week vacation! lol

One of those cards I whipped up this weekend was this one for this week's There She Goes Challenge #143. It's a color challenge and the colors are: Olive, Rose and Razzleberry.



This super sweet image is from TSG's The Fairy Best set. Isn't it adorable?! (Edit: And it's on sale this week!!) I love coloring in little critters and mushrooms! As always, I colored in the image with my reinkers and aquapainter brush and punched it out with the deckled oval die from Spellbinders. I then carefully matted it with some more white paper. It's a little painstaking, but it's worth the effort. The layout is this week's sketch, DS38, from Jen's Deconstructing Jen's sketch challenge.

Since my coloring medium of choice is to watercolor, I have a big stash of SU's reinkers to choose from, but what I don't have is a lot of SU cardstock. In fact, I think all I have is a pack of their 2008 In Colors, and that's about it. So whenever I play a color challenge, I have to try to color match my Bazzil cardstock collection to the color combo and make them work for the challenge. So, if you're like me, and don't have an SU paper store in your craft room, work with whatever you've got! :)

I just so happened to pick up this piece of Basic Grey's Sweet Threads patterned paper this weekend and it wasn't until I got home that I realized it matched the colors perfectly! Score! Love it when that happens! I matched it with some scrap American Crafts paper and went to town!

This week on the TSG blog, it's the There She Goes (Again!) week, where Jess shares past projects using some much loved sets, then on Friday, the Trendsetters will have a bunch of new cards to share with you using the same sets. So, if you need some new inspiration for your Let's Get Together, Special Delivery or Slow and Steady, then head on over to the TSG blog and soak up a little inspiration!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!!



Supplies

Stamps: There She Goes 'The Fairy Best'

Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', SU's Creamy Caramel, Cool Caribbean, Old Olive, Sahara Sand, Rich Razzleberry, Distress Inks 'Antique Linen, Tea Dye'

Papers: Strathmore Bristol Vellum, Bazzil Basics - White, SU's Old Olive, PP - Basic Grey's Sweet Threads' and left over American Crafts paper

Access: Spellbinders Deckled Oval Nesties, PTI's Half and Half Die and Beautiful Blooms #1, PTI Rustic Button Twine - Cream, PTI Button - White & Cream, Machine Stitching, Sponges, Dimensionals

3 Comments:

Theresa said...

This is just too darn cute!! Love the papers and fabulous coloring.

Sandy said...

I love this card and absolutely love the design!!!!!
sandy

Arielle H Gordon said...

Sandra, I don't think this card could be any cuter! Perfect image, papers and coloring - I love it! Thanks so much for joining us at the Deconstructed Sketch this past week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails