A Dirty Little Secret!

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Good Morning everyone! I've been keeping a dirty little secret for a while now. But it's time to spill the beans - I'm one of the newest Dirty Girls over at Splitcoastampers!!

I can honestly say that I never, ever thought that I would be chosen from all the wonderfully talented ladies on this site. In fact, it was the furthest thing from my mind when Lydia called me, but it happened and I am so excited and honored to be included in this wonderful group! The next six months are going to be busy and fast-paced...I hope you will come along for the ride!

I couldn't think of a better set to use to commemorate my new position than this fun set from There She Goes! It's called Loads of Fun and even though it's got a lot to do with the most mundane, thankless job in the world, there are some tongue-in-cheek sentiments in this set that I like...like this one!

When I made this card a week ago (yes, I was ahead of the game at that point!), I spied fellow Dirty Girl, Jen Shultz's sketch #37 on her blog, Deconstructing Jen. It was the perfect layout for this itty bitty underpants stamp! But it wasn't going to be just any old pair of undies - I had to dress them up a bit! I colored them in with my Black Soot Distress Ink, then added white polka dots with a white gel pen. Then I added some aptly named Frosted Lace Stickles to the lace on the image. Next, I cut out the image and mounted it on another piece of Strathmore Bristol Vellum cardstock (which I use to stamp all my images on) that I cut out with PTI's Fillable Frames #10 die. Then I used Antique Linen and Tea Dye Distress Ink to sponge the edges of the frame. The strip of patterned paper is a piece from Die Cuts With A View's La Creme Matstock collection that I matted with some black cardstock and trimmed the edges with my tiny scalloped decorative scissors. After that, it was just a matter of layering it all and tucking some feminine lace underneath it all.

Thanks so much for popping in today! Before I go, I thought I'd share a conversation I had with my little girl while making this card...

Syd: "Mama! Are those undies?"
Me: "Yes they are."
Syd: "Is that a baby birthday card?"
Me: "No. It's sort of a romantic card, for Valentines Day."
Syd: "Undies are NOT romantic Mama!"
Me: "Well, not all of them are honey."


See you tomorrow!

Supplies
Stamps: There She Goes 'Loads of Fun'
Inks: StazOn 'Jet Black', Distress Inks 'Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Vintage Photo and Black Soot'
Papers: Strathmore Bristol Vellum, Bazzil Basics - Vanilla Cream, Black Cardstock, PP - DCWV La Creme Matstock Collection
Access: PTI Fillable Frames #10, Fiskars Decorative Scissors, Lace - Joann's, Kaisercrafts Adhesive Pearls - Mango, Tim Holtz Edge Distresser, Sponges, Machine Stitching, Dimensionals

20 Comments:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

LOL... men never learn, do they??
HUGE congrats on the Dirty Pile, girl!! I honestly don't know why they were waiting for so long... you're a master!!

Vicki G said...

HUGE Shout out for you Sandra! Way to go Dirty Girl!

xo

Vicki

Gabriela said...

1) Congratulations you Dirty Little Girl! You are quite an asset to the SCS Dirty Girl team.

2) Fabulous job on those undies. They are painted so professionally that they look like the "color" and dots were simply stamped!

3) Syd doesn't miss a beat, does she? Pure preciousness, that one!

Jen Shults said...

Woohoo!!! I'm so so so happy your joining us over in the Dirty Pile!! You are soooo deserving!

LOVE this little card! I seriously busted out laughing when I saw it, that's just tooo funny but your conversation with Sydney is even better! I adore the bits of lace that you added and as always your touches of distressing and sponging are PERFECT!

Beverly said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you! Looking forward to your inspiring dirty work!
Thanks also for sharing what tye of paper you use for watercoloring. Off to see if my Michaels carries it.

April said...

Congratulation!! You deserve it... Your cards are always wonderful, beautiful and fantastic... Today's card is hilarious.. Love the sentiment. Your daughter.... Ridiculously CUTE!

Kim said...

Congratulations! I can't think of anyone who deserves it more, your work is brilliant! I can't believe they waited so long. I may just have to re-subscribe to scs so I can see your dirty work LOL!

Jacilynn said...

I'm so proud of you Sandra! Congrats and well deserved honor.
x

wethreelyons said...

Syd is too much! I love her!

Mary Giles said...

OMG! Sandra that is awesome and so well deserved. You are certainly an inspiration to me. Congrats! BTW love the new profile picture.

Judy McMullen said...

WhooHoo! Congrats Sandra on becoming a Dirty Girl! A well deserved honor! Love your conversation with Syd...Too funny!
Love the new profile pix too!

Rebecca Ednie said...

Congrats , you deserve it and should be so proud! Wahoo! Those conversations about 'grown up' things are so fun aren't they? My son is 11 and 'ahem' starting to ... Let's say show some slight physical changes and we are finding ourselves having many conversations regarding more adult matters but as his 4.5 yo brother is often present, they tend to be in code which makes it even harder! Yikes!

Debby said...

CONGRATS! And perfect card for the occasion!

~amy~ said...

Congrats!!!!!

kadie said...

Hi Dearie!! Woohooooo!! As you know, I'm beyond thrilled for you!! Yipee!!
And this card is cheeky and romantic...hehe, Syd is too cute.
Yay!! Can't wait to see what's coming up next, Dirty Girl!

kadie said...

Oh yeah, I knew there was something else I wanted to say...LOVE your new pic!! Love love love

Tracy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! It's about time. You are one of the most talented crafter's I know. So happy to see good things happening to great people! Hugs sweetie!!

Cassie said...

Oh Sandra!! I am so thrilled for you! Congrats on this honor!

Amy Sheffer said...

Congrats, Sandra!! You are so very deserving of the honor! Can't wait to see what you create for the Fan Club! This adorable card is FANTASTIC! I just love it!! Super creative and sassy!

Michele Lourenco said...

Super Congratulations! the card is very fitting and gorgeous.
You are so extremely talented I'm not surprised you joined the ranks!
congrats

Related Posts with Thumbnails